USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Yikes, even Zuck now admitting that they ran interference for Biden in the 2020 election. Yet another clear example of how Big Tech has done a 180 since Trump chose tech bro JDV as his running mate. It will be interesting to see if those who defended all the 2020 big tech election interference remain consistent in this belief that these corporations should be allowed to utilise censorship for political means!

"Zuckerberg also said that Facebook “temporarily demoted” a story about the contents of a laptop owned by Hunter Biden, the president’s son, after a warning from the FBI that Russia was preparing a disinformation campaign against the Bidens.

Zuckerberg wrote that it has since become clear that the story was not disinformation, and “in retrospect, we shouldn’t have demoted the story”."
This is like suggesting Chief is censoring this post because he doesn't sticky it

IIRC he was a hard beer drinking frat boy, got gifted some oil wells, some mysterious Saudi connections, got gifted President of Texas Rangers baseball club, got into politics and won some good races.
I honestly think he's been falling uphill his whole life with Dad's influence and had advisors appointed to his side, but was that frat boy going with the flow.
Bush was a pretty standard run of the mill republican, just with an extra dash of incompetence thrown in.

If he'd avoided going into Iraq his presidency might be looked on a little differently. Not good by any means and still one of the worse presidents

The funny thing though is that Trump has reset the Overton window in such a way that he looks borderline normal.

But these polls were accurate when Biden was still in the race according to these same people.

Also, why would polls be fake? It just means no one takes them seriously next time, and also saying the Dems were winning wouldn’t that make them more complacent and then not vote?

Can anyone give me a coherent argument to why polls would be rigged?
Polls aren't rigged. The trouble in the US is accounting for the voters who will get out and actually vote. It's not like in Aus where everyone has to vote. So getting your assumptions wrong and misreading who might turn up can throw your results out a little.

In addition the general election polling doesn't account for state based electoral college voting. That's why the battleground states polls are so important, and, see above, getting the likely voters right matters.

I’ve got a feeling that stef has a stash of MTG in his spank bank.

It’s a disgusting thought I know but different strokes for different folks.
Oh I dunno, I get it - whenever I need a gee up I just pull up this beauty of the great woman smashing out some 'chin ups'

mtg-mtg-pullup.gif

The form, the composure, the regard for established scientific convention. Its all very alluring :tearsofjoy:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is even worse, that during the peak of the whole Hunters laptop thing. Trump fans were running with all sorts of different accounts to what was on it, like they couldn't make up their own mind. It was a new story every single week.

Then for a period of time, a fair few were claiming it contained illicit images. And they they proceeded to post illegal images featuring minors on FB comments sections, claiming with zero substance that it was taken from Hunters Laptop. Sorry, but who are the ones that literally has possession of, and just posted illegal images on FB? But yeah go on about Hunter being a criminal and creep instead, when you're the one who is posting stuff. Just goes to show how low the MAGA cult will go just to desperately frame people they do not like. I personally hope all those people got raided, locked up, charged and had their kids removed.

Then again given right wingers routinely defend the likes of Pell, I am not shocked. They still obsess over the fake Epstein list instead of the actual court revealed one, because they realized it contained all of their favorite people like Musk and Trump. And not the fake one, which oddly almost only contained people they do not like, have criticized Trump, and didn't feature any well known conservatives. A small handful still go on about Pizza-gate too.
Nothing about those people makes any sense - like Qanon warriors oh so concerned about child abuse and trafficking having no issues at all about Q only posting on a site synonymous with child pr0n :drunk:

They're not sending their best.

Polls aren't rigged. The trouble in the US is accounting for the voters who will get out and actually vote. It's not like in Aus where everyone has to vote. So getting your assumptions wrong and misreading who might turn up can throw your results out a little.

In addition the general election polling doesn't account for state based electoral college voting. That's why the battleground states polls are so important, and, see above, getting the likely voters right matters.

Yep it’s an inexact science.

In 2022 for example the Dems out performed the polls overall, though the Trump MAGA crowd think it’s forever 2016 and because he won then when he wasn’t favoured, all polls are all wrong in favour of democrats.

trump is scum and America is an overtly racist country that has a long history of slavery.
Anyone who states this is called a Communist.
Politicians don't address climate change, the main existential threat to the world.
They send arms to a genocidal regime in Israel, they threaten a world war with China for no reason, they have millions of homeless, they have no universal health care, they have an out of control drug abuse problem, they criminalise drug addicts, the country is a ****ing joke.
Meanwhile millions immigrate there for a better life. Must be doing something right

These debates will decide the election.

There is almost zero reason to be confident in Harris doing well in them.

I’m looking forward to it! Should be very interesting.
I can’t put my finger on it right now but I read a very interesting article recently showing research that says that, contrary to popular opinion, these debates have close to zero influence on how the election pans out.

I can’t put my finger on it right now but I read a very interesting article recently showing research that says that, contrary to popular opinion, these debates have close to zero influence on how the election pans out.
Look at the cheerleaders for these teams. As if they're changing their opinions or anyone will be swayed

Add in both parties are pretty low on policy or substance, the debates will amount to absolutely nothing other than memes and some funny moments.

Meanwhile millions immigrate there for a better life. Must be doing something right
Of course they do. That’s really not much of an argument. The US has been the richest and most powerful nation in history for well over a century now, so it would be more surprising if people didn’t want to emigrate there.

The question as always is at what cost to their own people and to the world the US has achieved this pre-eminence.

Remove this Banner Ad

USA 2024 US Presidential Election: Trump vs Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Back