2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I notice the Gulls have taken every opportunity to shade their players at the breaks but we're just doing all our recovery and team talks in the full sun. We're even positioning our team boards so that the players have to look up into the sun to read them. In a game of centimetres I do wonder if this is a good idea
Peter Knights would be proud of you.

Peter Knights would be proud of you.
I was at that game. But truth be told he was absolutely right to do that, especially with a playing group that wasn't used to the warm conditions. It was quite a hot day on Saturday and if Willy had had a bit more left in the tank it could've made the difference. Thankfully that wasn't the case

Was watching the game yesterday, and was trying to come up with a list of "next up" for each position to the AFL list.
Someone please correct me if I'm off;
FF: Sticks/Henry Smith (Joe)
HF: Will McLachlan (Bailey, any HF really)
C: Harry Sharp (either wing) , Dev (Hugh/Ashcroft)
HB: Shadeau Brain (Starc), Luke Beecken (Motty)
FB: Joyce(Payne), Prior (Froggy)
Foll: Henry Smith/Fort (Oscar), Dev/JL (Lachie/Dunks)

Notes:
  • Tunstill has been good but VFL good, not AFL good.
  • JL deserves a run if he is actually back to his best. He hasn't played AFL in a while, but he is carving up the VFL, unsure what that means.
  • Dev I feel sorry for, don't see a place for him unless the worst happens. He is fierce in a VFL contest, unsure how he gets up unless he heads back west.
  • Beecken and McLachlan have been midseason gems, elevate them when we can!

Was watching the game yesterday, and was trying to come up with a list of "next up" for each position to the AFL list.
Someone please correct me if I'm off;
FF: Sticks/Henry Smith (Joe)
HF: Will McLachlan (Bailey, any HF really)
C: Harry Sharp (either wing) , Dev (Hugh/Ashcroft)
HB: Shadeau Brain (Starc), Luke Beecken (Motty)
FB: Joyce(Payne), Prior (Froggy)
Foll: Henry Smith/Fort (Oscar), Dev/JL (Lachie/Dunks)

Notes:
  • Tunstill has been good but VFL good, not AFL good.
  • JL deserves a run if he is actually back to his best. He hasn't played AFL in a while, but he is carving up the VFL, unsure what that means.
  • Dev I feel sorry for, don't see a place for him unless the worst happens. He is fierce in a VFL contest, unsure how he gets up unless he heads back west.
  • Beecken and McLachlan have been midseason gems, elevate them when we can!
I’d have Reville in there as wing or half forward over Sharp or Dev but good list.

Anyone know what day and time the game is?
The AFL has today confirmed the fixture for the 2024 Smithy’s VFL preliminary finals.

Saturday, September 14
First Preliminary Final,
Werribee (1st) vs Brisbane Lions (3rd)
Avalon Airport Oval, 11:00am AEST
Broadcaster: Seven Network and AFL.com.au

Second Preliminary Final, Footscray Bulldogs (2nd) vs Southport Sharks (5th)
Mission Whitten Oval, 2:00pm AEST
Broadcaster: Seven Network and AFL.com.au

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back