2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Game over now.
Good effort to make the PF.
A fair bit of luck in Werribee goals but they made the most of their chances.
Lions on the other hand just could not get a few lucky ones in the 3rd quarter.
A few players very sore in the last but battled on. Henry Smith especially.
Let's hope that's our only loss of this weekend.

Flicked it on in the last when they got it out to 8 and then 14, so sorry about that.

I did hear the commentators say though that Bruce was coming off with a hammy and Brain was coming off, seemingly with an injury suffered earlier? What’s doing there?

I'm pretty sure Werribee just got a free kick because Reville took a player to the ground. Not hard, not dangerous, not in the back, just to the ground.
Umpires in general have so much to learn, but I dare say their coaches would be even worse. So many of the decisions and non-decisions in not awarding frees are plainly obvious and but for utter incompetence, biases and perhaps pressure from the hierarchy about wanting certain teams to prevail, then its no wonder we get the sub standard of umpiring.

Oh and top of that, coaches, players aren't allowed to say something, the umps aren't forced to do press conferences and be accountable and we have umpire wardens and crap like that and they the umps just do what they like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And you can also bet your bottom dollar that the VFL hierarchy would have demanded that a Lions v Southport GF never materialised just as the A/VFL would not want a Swans / Port v Lions / Giants GF and why Geelong will so get the rub of the green next Saturday.

Conspiracies and match fixing only happen at the AFL level mcivor, everyone knows that.

Umpires in general have so much to learn, but I dare say their coaches would be even worse. So many of the decisions and non-decisions in not awarding frees are plainly obvious and but for utter incompetence, biases and perhaps pressure from the hierarchy about wanting certain teams to prevail, then its no wonder we get the sub standard of umpiring.

Oh and top of that, coaches, players aren't allowed to say something, the umps aren't forced to do press conferences and be accountable and we have umpire wardens and crap like that and they the umps just do what they like.
We got the short straw again....for 2 weeks....Fooscray n Werribee....we have had the bearded Umpy(sic) #16 ....at a guess, born n bred in Western Suburbs of Melbourne.

Last edited:
All the best JL,one of my favs.
I was even thinking earlier that without sounding dramatic that it could very well be James Madden’s last ever game of AFL footy at any level if he’s delisted as expected and doesn’t pursue AFL at any level elsewhere and returns back to Ireland and plays Gaelic again.

Given how many young Irish lads you see travelling over to Australia to work and party etc, it’s been an adventure for Jimmy anyway you look at it for 5-6 years getting to play and paid playing a foreign game. Bloody good achievement if it is the end of the for Jim.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2024 VFL thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back