List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to take a first round pick this year, to make next year a little easier.

I can see us sliding for a future second or third, (doubt we'd get an extra first), even if it's a couple of times, but not out of this first round altogether.

Not a fan of drafting a replacement for Pearce. We've drafted three KPDs on two years - I don't think it changes much that none are exactly the same type as Pearce is.

Let the recently drafted guys develop or fail first. If it's fail we trade in 3-4 years.

Think that's common sense tbh.
I will be looking closely at Drapes next time he stands next to Moose to see if he might have grown an inch. Currently they say he is 4 cm shorter than Alex. 197 vs 201 cm. He has a good leap, speed and athleticism and we know he will get stronger. Lets hope he is still growing.

Another phantom draft linking us to Hotton.

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I think it’s convenient for them to give us Hotton in these phantom drafts because they think he go around that range but can’t see anyone else who’s interested. I’d expect us to take all of Berry, Lindsay and Travaglia ahead of Hotton if they’re still on the board.

The only phantom that actually matters at this point now that there's no more games is twomeys pre draft one. He's the only one with proven reliable information about who will take who. Everyone else in the mocks is guessing with the possible exception of the one published in the Fairfax papers

I don't think it changes much that none are exactly the same type as Pearce is.

I would think that it's just by virtue of his very late growth spurt that he is a key defender at all with that athletic profile, if he were always a giant and that quick and agile I would think every junior coach in the world would have played him forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back