List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to Pearce. He is somewhat of a unicorn amongst the group ofAFL defenders who play his position. Chance of finding a replica in the draft is near zero.
Given the number of tall defenders we already have on the list, not as tall or strong as Pearce, we could look for a Zac Dawson type. Could come cheaply if found.

That was my initial reaction, then thought how good it would be to pick him with a pick they had and then have him kick with goal after the siren that ends their season (don’t care if it’s in finals or not)
I was joking lol. If they didn't tell us who they supported no one would know and no one would care.

Lindsay is my Vontae Mack, but I really like Berry as well.
One who i have only seen in video, but gives me a "gonna be special" vibe is Hamish Davis.
Don't know why, but I get a Hird or Fyfe vibe.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Reminds me of Hough at WAFL level

WC have a gun there but are wasting him as a lockdown defender lol

Better not let WC select Davis and waste him away

A possible mature age selection with our 3rd pick (likely end up in the 50’s):
Fair chance most of those talking points in that article are going to apply to one of our players this year

AFL should raise the list spots back up after Covid, half the teams in the league seems to be short on spots

I’m procrastinating, so I figured I would put all of the small forward prospects into one space. I haven’t bothered including anyone tied to an academy or father-son, or other forwards that may still be of interest like Davis or Shanahan.

Joe Berry:
Obviously the best case scenario for our first pick, just a huge Walls-vibe about him. Consistent, hard-worker, just tidy with everything he does.

Oli Hannaford:
You could say next-best but it could be argued Hannaford has a higher ceiling than Berry. If Berry is gone by our first pick, we could stuff around sliding back a bit but, I think I’d just pull the trigger on Hannaford and get the best quality we can.

If for some reason we draft neither of the above and we still need a developing small forward, we could look at any of the following from our second pick onwards:

Jesse Dattoli:
Not my personal choice, he’s a good mark for his size but I’m not sure he has enough tricks.

Jasper Alger:
Looks reasonably solid all-round.

Josh Dolan:
Tidy without being too flashy.

Cody Angove:
Probably my current favourite of the later options, looks very polished, reminds me of Luke Bruest.

Evan Bradley:
Stuffed if I can find any highlights for this fella, but seems to be SA’s top small forward prospect.

Waylon Davey-Motlop:
Has talent, but currently way too out of shape to get drafted you would think. One to maybe keep an eye on over the next few years, if he sorts out his weight he could have something.

Also thought I’d list some smaller midfielders that might find a role forward at AFL level.

Jacob Newton:
Playing more as a mid for Norwood u18s here, but seems to have some nice qualities.

Rhys Unwin:
Definitely more of an inside mid, but maybe worth a punt as a late pick to see if he can adapt.

I’m also going to chuck this video by Dylan Alexander here, because he covers a few of those later options like Angove, Dolan and another prospect I wasn’t aware of in Damon Hollow:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Young Talent Time (Drafting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back