Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh well the Autorenew text has come through after explicitly saying no last year verbally to Membership
Weird. I just called them and they stated that auto-renew is programmed to trigger next week on the 15th as per the email.

Frankly, I cancelled my kayo membership as I don’t need it, but renewed the cheer squad.

A strange thing… the 1300 number on the membership app comes up as Launceston football club. It didn’t seem to work for me anyway so I used the real number. Bloody hell, 20 minutes in the queue I picked up my phone and accidentally hung up. Spent another half hour or so before I got through.

Last edited:

Weird. I just called them and they stated that auto-renew is programmed to trigger next week on the 15th as per the email.

Frankly, I cancelled my kayo membership as I don’t need it, but renewed the cheer squad.

A strange thing… the 1300 number on the membership app comes up as Launceston football club. It didn’t seem to work for me anyway so I used the real number. Bloody hell, 20 minutes in the queue I picked up my phone and accidentally hung up. Spent another half hour or so before I got through.

Bloody hopeless

Been getting emails and texts all week re this auto renew crap which I've never ever ticked off on. My CC has expired so back luck NM membershite dept you ain't accessing my cc details anymore. I'm planning on going to the club a few weeks b4 the season and paying in cash like I did this year.
So basically you have to call them every ****ing year to take yourself off auto renew. Absolutely farcical. Zero customer service.

Been getting emails and texts all week re this auto renew crap which I've never ever ticked off on. My CC has expired so back luck NM membershite dept you ain't accessing my cc details anymore. I'm planning on going to the club a few weeks b4 the season and paying in cash like I did this year.
So basically you have to call them every ****ing year to take yourself off auto renew. Absolutely farcical. Zero customer service.

Guaranteed that someone from the Membership will start calling you around the expiry date; happened to me last year

True member 🤦‍♂️

Bastards got me again :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My membership somehow auto-renewed despite my not having given the club or Ticketmaster my new CVN or expiry date. Firstly I checked the Kangaroos Membership via my App to check my payment details. It directed me to Ticketmaster. So I went to Ticketmaster and it showed that they had no details for me??????? Of course they do, but clearly weren't admitting to it.

So of course I rang my bank to find out how Ticketmaster or the Kangaroos could deduct money without my updated details? The lady at the Bank (Carly) asked straight away "is this for The Kangaroos Football Club?" I said yes, and she responded that I was the fourth caller today with the same complaint about the same club. She then explained that my Credit Card company sells software to different companies that automatically provides updates of renewed credit cards of clients and that Ticketmaster is one of those companies.

So here I am again stuck with a membership arrangement that doesn't suit for yet another season. But at least as of half an hour ago I have cancelled that credit account outright and a new card account with a new number will be raised on my behalf. Lesson leant. Nobody, but nobody is getting those details in the future.

I will not be parting with my credit details to the club or any organisation that auto-renews again. The lesson is that I will be always asking the phone operators first in the future, or at least doing some googling to see whether companies that want credit details do auto-renew before I part with any information.

I am so angry right now.

Oh well the Autorenew text has come through after explicitly saying no last year verbally to Membership
Yep, Ive had it included on my profile for about 10-12 years nil auto renewal. I received the SMS saying we are auto-renewing, I called the club to say I've had that cancelled for 10-12 years, their response, if you pay online its taken as a condition of online ordering, that you agree to the auto-renewal. Nope, cancel, and I'ii not make sure I continue to never do auto-renewal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So of course I rang my bank to find out how Ticketmaster or the Kangaroos could deduct money without my updated details? The lady at the Bank (Carly) asked straight away "is this for The Kangaroos Football Club?" I said yes, and she responded that I was the fourth caller today with the same complaint about the same club. She then explained that my Credit Card company sells software to different companies that automatically provides updates of renewed credit cards of clients and that Ticketmaster is one of those companies.
Really? Such a privacy breach exists? Really?

So here I am again stuck with a membership arrangement that doesn't suit for yet another season.
Eh? Call the club and tell them, they'll change it and refund the difference.

Eh? Call the club and tell them, they'll change it and refund the difference.
The credit account that they billed earlier today has now been closed and a new account is being raised. So no, they are not getting my new credit card details to refund anything to, otherwise they'd pass that information on the Ticketmaster and I'd be auto-renewed next year for the new credit card. I asked three years ago in person to not be Auto-renewed. I do not trust the NM Membership Department to do the right thing at all. Definitely not. In the words of Darryl Kerrigan, "They can get stuffed". In future if they want my membership they can mail or email me an invoice with Bank Transfer or BPay details. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Bastards got me again :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My membership somehow auto-renewed despite my not having given the club or Ticketmaster my new CVN or expiry date. Firstly I checked the Kangaroos Membership via my App to check my payment details. It directed me to Ticketmaster. So I went to Ticketmaster and it showed that they had no details for me??????? Of course they do, but clearly weren't admitting to it.

So here I am again stuck with a membership arrangement that doesn't suit for yet another season. But at least as of half an hour ago I have cancelled that credit account outright and a new card account with a new number will be raised on my behalf. Lesson leant. Nobody, but nobody is getting those details in the future.

I will not be parting with my credit details to the club or any organisation that auto-renews again. The lesson is that I will be always asking the phone operators first in the future, or at least doing some googling to see whether companies that want credit details do auto-renew before I part with any information.

I am so angry right now.
How is that legal?

How is that legal?
I do not know. I have had time to simmer down and considered what to do going forward.

It is my considered opinion that this is indeed a real breach of trust, privacy and is completely unethical in my mind. There is no functionality on the Club Membership App, the Club Website or on Ticketmaster to change your payment preferences or to close your account for either the Club or on Ticketmaster. WHY IS THAT??? It's like they want to trap you.

Make no mistake, that this is a real deal breaker for me. I will be calling the club in the morning and cancelling my membership outright. I won't be a member anymore. They have abused my trust and goodwill. It is disgusting and reprehensible.

There is a line, and these guys didn't just cross it, they have pole vaulted over it in my humble estimation. ;)

Last edited:
I do not know. I have had time to simmer down and considered what to do going forward.

It is my considered opinion that this is indeed a real breach of trust, privacy and is completely unethical in my mind. There is no functionality on the Club Membership App, the Club Website or on Ticketmaster to change your payment preferences or to close your account for either the Club or on Ticketmaster. WHY IS THAT??? It's like they want to trap you.

Make no mistake, that this is a real deal breaker for me. I will be calling the club in the morning and cancelling my membership outright. I won't be a member anymore. They have abused my trust and goodwill. It is disgusting and reprehensible.

There is a line, and these guys didn't just cross it, they have pole vaulted over it in my humble estimation. ;)
Ticketmaster is pretty ****ed.

They hold monopolies and extreme control over all sorts of things. They need to be destroyed as a company frankly. They're a huge monopoly and ruin all sorts of stuff. So the club may be unable to do anything about it. I used to just pay cash for my memberships. Saved all these problems.

The fact your credit company sold that software is what I was referring to as illegal tho. They're giving someone access to your financial details without consent.

The credit account that they billed earlier today has now been closed and a new account is being raised. So no, they are not getting my new credit card details to refund anything to, otherwise they'd pass that information on the Ticketmaster and I'd be auto-renewed next year for the new credit card. I asked three years ago in person to not be Auto-renewed. I do not trust the NM Membership Department to do the right thing at all. Definitely not. In the words of Darryl Kerrigan, "They can get stuffed". In future if they want my membership they can mail or email me an invoice with Bank Transfer or BPay details. :thumbsu:
I’d call them anyway. They should be able to refund to the card they charged.

I had the same problem a couple years back and they refunded straight away. Now, every end of season I send the membership team and email with stern words telling them DO NOT charge my card for renewal. So far so good (fingers crossed)

You cannot do it. If you ring the Membership Department and ask them to do that, they say that they will but don't. There is no box that you can tick on either membership or at Ticket Master to cancel auto-renew.

Yep pretty much had the same chat last year when the Mack Trucks realised the credit card had expired and started ringing me daily

At least with a charity I get a tax deduction

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back