Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep pretty much had the same chat last year when the Mack Trucks realised the credit card had expired and started ringing me daily

At least with a charity I get a tax deduction
At least Mack Trucks rang you when your card had expired - they didn't go to the credit card company and simply get them to provide your new card CVN and expiry date without your consent. Or did they? :huh:

At least Mack Trucks rang you when your card had expired - they didn't go to the credit card company and simply get them to provide your new card CVN and expiry date without your consent. Or did they? :huh:
I still cannot believe they can access that info without consent. Surely this is a media story (not for NM but Ticketmaster).

I still cannot believe they can access that info without consent. Surely this is a media story (not for NM but Ticketmaster).

I doubt they physically reached out to the bank. AFAIK, banks/Visa/MC have the ability to continue charging subscriptions to expired cards and they just roll over to the renewed card once activated.

Actually, Stripe have a doc about this

Sidenote - if you have a Ticketmaster or Ticketek account and haven't changed your password in the last few months - change it now. They were hacked a little while ago.... Especially Ticketek I know they got passwords. Tickemaster saying no need to change it, but yeah.

You can check if you've been caught in a breach by checking here - well, one way anyway. https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Legit website run by a cyber professional.

Done ... No longer a member. The call on the phone was short. No refund because they wanted a card to refund the money to which I was not prepared to share details of my new card with them (for obvious reasons). Told them to keep the money as a final donation. But that's it, I'm done with them completely now. :thumbsu::)

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back