Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep pretty much had the same chat last year when the Mack Trucks realised the credit card had expired and started ringing me daily

At least with a charity I get a tax deduction
At least Mack Trucks rang you when your card had expired - they didn't go to the credit card company and simply get them to provide your new card CVN and expiry date without your consent. Or did they? :huh:

At least Mack Trucks rang you when your card had expired - they didn't go to the credit card company and simply get them to provide your new card CVN and expiry date without your consent. Or did they? :huh:
I still cannot believe they can access that info without consent. Surely this is a media story (not for NM but Ticketmaster).

I still cannot believe they can access that info without consent. Surely this is a media story (not for NM but Ticketmaster).

I doubt they physically reached out to the bank. AFAIK, banks/Visa/MC have the ability to continue charging subscriptions to expired cards and they just roll over to the renewed card once activated.

Actually, Stripe have a doc about this

Sidenote - if you have a Ticketmaster or Ticketek account and haven't changed your password in the last few months - change it now. They were hacked a little while ago.... Especially Ticketek I know they got passwords. Tickemaster saying no need to change it, but yeah.

You can check if you've been caught in a breach by checking here - well, one way anyway. https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Legit website run by a cyber professional.

Done ... No longer a member. The call on the phone was short. No refund because they wanted a card to refund the money to which I was not prepared to share details of my new card with them (for obvious reasons). Told them to keep the money as a final donation. But that's it, I'm done with them completely now. :thumbsu::)

Yep we have always paid over the phone and not online due to the club messing up the seats in their comms to us or only emailing my now 11 year old daughter and not including any other family members (including her Dad who is me and is over 30 year consecutive ). Last year Mrs Ruckle paid on line , then called to check it was all ok , due to the above mentioned vagueness, it was and we sat where we have for years for the home games actually at home. This year its auto renewal. Turns out its in the T & C , once you pay online that you are automatic going forward. Pretty ordinary.

We have let it slide cuz we are idiots that dont see an option of not renewing as something we could ever do. We also know our credit card they have is about to expire so next year should be back to paying manually over the phone. Somewhat concerning reports above on that front but cant see how a credit card with a big 4 bank could have new details passed on.

Due to lack of trust in club have called despite auto renewal to check we are all going to be in the right spot and together etc. Assured ok...

That's okay, it was my last post as a former North Melbourne supporter. They've lost me forever. Good luck with future endeavours everyone. I won't be joining in the chorus or cheering for the Roos anymore.
Glad to see you've cooled down and calmer thoughts have prevailed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, you can do that?

Has it been tested through an Audit let alone a judgement?

sexy the walking dead GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back