Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

From memory the previous AFL position on this sort of scenario was that you can’t sell home games into an established AFL market like this. But that you could sell games to markets like Hobart, Alice Springs, Darwin etc where there wasn’t a team. Will be interesting to see if their position has changed on this.

In the other thread, shimaburnsgrieg raised a good question;

Considering our membership renewal has already occurred, and considering the report is that this could occur from next season, that could present an issue for the club.

The Tassie deal is still valid for 2025, so we have our regular allotment there. Any potential 2025 Perth 'home game' could only come from our 7 Melbourne home games.

1729587744781.png

From memory the previous AFL position on this sort of scenario was that you can’t sell home games into an established AFL market like this. But that you could sell games to markets like Hobart, Alice Springs, Darwin etc where there wasn’t a team. Will be interesting to see if their position has changed on this.

The AFL sold Gather Round to the SA govt which basically sets the precedent. Every club gets a cash bonus out of Gather Round which is why they all agreed to it. Nobody loses a home game in Gather Round but the principle is not too different.

In the other thread, shimaburnsgrieg raised a good question;

Considering our membership renewal has already occurred, and considering the report is that this could occur from next season, that could present an issue for the club.

The Tassie deal is still valid for 2025, so we have our regular allotment there. Any potential 2025 Perth 'home game' could only come from our 7 Melbourne home games.

View attachment 2149778
You’d imagine the Tasmanian Government would be open minded to renegotiation of the deal given poor attendance and outcomes for them recently. Regardless I think our exit from Tasmania will be only be a positive thing for Victorian based supported who attend games

Bastards got me again :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

My membership somehow auto-renewed despite my not having given the club or Ticketmaster my new CVN or expiry date. Firstly I checked the Kangaroos Membership via my App to check my payment details. It directed me to Ticketmaster. So I went to Ticketmaster and it showed that they had no details for me??????? Of course they do, but clearly weren't admitting to it.

So of course I rang my bank to find out how Ticketmaster or the Kangaroos could deduct money without my updated details? The lady at the Bank (Carly) asked straight away "is this for The Kangaroos Football Club?" I said yes, and she responded that I was the fourth caller today with the same complaint about the same club. She then explained that my Credit Card company sells software to different companies that automatically provides updates of renewed credit cards of clients and that Ticketmaster is one of those companies.

So here I am again stuck with a membership arrangement that doesn't suit for yet another season. But at least as of half an hour ago I have cancelled that credit account outright and a new card account with a new number will be raised on my behalf. Lesson leant. Nobody, but nobody is getting those details in the future.

I will not be parting with my credit details to the club or any organisation that auto-renews again. The lesson is that I will be always asking the phone operators first in the future, or at least doing some googling to see whether companies that want credit details do auto-renew before I part with any information.

I am so angry right now.
I sent the club a very persuasive email, I was taken off the Auto Renew.

The first email “sorry we can’t do it”

Second email “Okay okay, we’ll take you off the auto renew”

Now I will sign up on my terms and if Happy Meal is captain next year, they can shove the 2 memberships up there arse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Resource 2025 Membership - it started with an Invoice

Remove this Banner Ad

Back