Training 2025 Pre-Season (stalking allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone been to Japanese baseball match? Is it something you’d genuinely be stoked to get a photo at? Like it’s not Camp Nou
Perhaps surprisingly, baseball is actually Japan's number one sport. It has a pretty big following, and from friends who have been to Japan the stadium experience was great.

Anyone been to Japanese baseball match? Is it something you’d genuinely be stoked to get a photo at? Like it’s not Camp Nou
It’s fun to experience - it’s very very noisy. Constant chanting, drums, etc. The stadiums are very compact compared to footy and pretty much always full.

You have to actually like baseball though. It’s growing on me as my son started playing and really loves it. Still not quite sold, it can be slowww.

Edit: best thing is you don’t have to leave your seat to get a beer. Girls stand at the bottom of the seating bays with a kind of esky slung over their neck. You just raise your hand and they come and deliver a nice cold super dry for about 5 bucks.

Last edited:
It’s fun to experience - it’s very very noisy. Constant chanting, drums, etc. The stadiums are very compact compared to footy and pretty much always full.

You have to actually like baseball though. It’s growing on me as my son started playing and really loves it. Still not quite sold, it can be slowww.

Edit: best thing is you don’t have to leave your seat to get a beer. Girls stand at the bottom of the seating bays with a kind of esky slung over their neck. You just raise your hand and they come and deliver a nice cold super dry for about 5 bucks.

Love that.

IMG_6500.jpeg
IMG_6499.jpeg
IMG_6498.jpeg

Good to see Luke McDonald helping out too.

To be fair Japanese baseball, by around next week or just thereafter, will have produced the only man in history to hit 50 home runs and steal 50 bases in the same season. So I imagine it's a sport that while already popular is only going to grow over the next few years

Remove this Banner Ad

Training 2025 Pre-Season (stalking allowed)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back