Player Watch #21 Errol Gulden - born to play: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought what Errol has done well is keep involved when getting the attention and still there to take his moment. He mostly shakes a tag more often than not anyway.

people are right he is still so young, I mean same draft as Campbell but we have different expectations

Gulden was meh but I think it was just to do with the heat that was on him. He had a contested possession rate of 48% on the weekend. His season average is 32%. He's a great player but he's not great at everything and we have other players who are better at working under pressure and in a telephone box.

If we can keep Gulden out of those scenarios then we'll be OK.

If Gulden is in those scenarios and we just use other options instead, we'll also be fine.

If Gulden is in those scenarios but we keep looking for him to do Gulden things, then we'll be screwed.

Errol had run rampant against the Giants in the last three meetings. Credit to the Giants coaches for deciding not to be beaten with what they know, but they’ve shown their hand. If we get to play again in a few weeks time, we’ll be forewarned and maybe have a few plans to try to get him involved earlier in the match.

Watched a show on Foxtel where he played a round of golf with Paul Gow at the course where his dad has a restaurant. He is on a single figure handicap despite not being able to devote much time to it because of footy. Highly skilled sportsman and a very articulate young guy who is confident but also respectful. We're really blessed having him at the club.

Watched a show on Foxtel where he played a round of golf with Paul Gow at the course where his dad has a restaurant. He is on a single figure handicap despite not being able to devote much time to it because of footy. Highly skilled sportsman and a very articulate young guy who is confident but also respectful. We're really blessed having him at the club.
I watched that after he was on 360 , what a great young man

Daicos can go into the middle and play like Lachie Neale. Gulden can't.

Both are very dangerous on the outside, but that is the difference.
There isn’t a player in the game with Errol’s running capacity. Hey even if someone’s opinion is that naicos is better , it’s hard to argue against, they are both magnificent young players with huge futures

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You could put daicos closer to The Bont.

He gets the praises because of who his father is and the club the perfect poster child for the AFL great player but on pattys level? No chance

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21 Errol Gulden - born to play: 2024 All Australian

Remove this Banner Ad

Back