Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Plays way to lose to be a gun defender
And his brain farts and turnovers
Are a momentum killer
Balta needs a solid partner in crime.
Miller is OK but what made Rance so good was his reliable sidekick in Astbury.

Sicily rarely turns it over 😂 Balta would have brain fades
I dunno, I reckon that's a bit harsh. 85% disposal efficiency on the weekend and no frees against.

I think to the untrained eye because he can look a bit unco at times people think he's a butcher, but he really isn't. His disposal efficiency this season is above average according to the AFL website.

Miller should never have been re contracted
Should not be on our list next year
Richmond should change there name
To the Richmond mediocres
Ridiculous take. Miller averages the 3rd most 1v1 defensive contests in the league and has lost only 16.7% of them. That's a better rate than Buckely, Payne, Pearce, McKay, Moore, McGovern etc etc and very similar to May, Taylor etc. All while paying in a shit side under siege. Plus he gets the 5th most spoils amd 11th most marks.

Having a great year.

Ridiculous take. Miller averages the 3rd most 1v1 defensive contests in the league and has lost only 16.7% of them. That's a better rate than Buckely, Payne, Pearce, McKay, Moore, McGovern etc etc and very similar to May, Taylor etc. All while paying in a shit side under siege. Plus he gets the 5th most spoils amd 11th most marks.

Having a great year.

If we can get Lefau right for long enough for it to matter, we have at least found 2 x B Grade key position players, one at each end in Lefau and Miller. Mid 20's both of them so great building blocks. I think we can also pencil Campbell, Maurice and Mansell into our future team as really competitive role players at the very least. And in Brown we can see an almost certain quality player of the future. Possibly Hugo as well as a decent peripheral player who seems to have taken some good steps.

That is up to 7 guys in the 20-25yo age range we didn't know we had at the start of the season. In normal circumstances you are looking for 2 footballers to emerge each year into your best 22, so for 7 to go from outside your best 22 to near certain best 22 in one season is a lot. And of course we must remember Gibcus, Clarke are long term injured and look really strong chances to emerge in the next 2 years if their bodies stand up. And we should get a bit of a squizz at Messrs Blight, Gray, Trezise as well as the season wears on, every chance at least one of those looks at home at the level. There is every chance in 2 years time we enter 2026 with 10-12 decent players stable and comfortable at the level, that we didn't know we had at the start of 2024. Half a team.

We have also seen McAuliffe, whilst being miles off a fully fledged AFL midfielder at this point, has shown some extremely encouraging signs for the future.

So there is plenty to be encouraged about.

Having a great year.
According to champion bata

According to champion bata
Dumb And Dumber GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clubs are *ed if players like battle are getting offers of a million dollars, who the * is he?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The price of Free agency inflates them all, but agreed, this one has to be made up.

I dunno, I reckon that's a bit harsh. 85% disposal efficiency on the weekend and no frees against.

I think to the untrained eye because he can look a bit unco at times people think he's a butcher, but he really isn't. His disposal efficiency this season is above average according to the AFL website.

still would like him to be told to kick the ball as long as he can as often as he can as sometimes when he tries to finese it doesn't work that well!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back