Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

If he stays back then Young needs to return as a forward imo and this is where he started.

Alternatively Gibcus trains as a forward.

The new fella Gray also looks like he could be a real find up forward.

Balta up to CHB away from goals, Miller at FB who is fast becoming a genuinely really good defender and Blight as the 3rd man interceptor.

If he stays back then Young needs to return as a forward imo and this is where he started.

Balta up to CHB away from goals, Miller at FB who is fast becoming a genuinely really good defender and Blight as the 3rd man interceptor.
Miller, Balta and Bauer/Blight back with Gibcus, Lunch and Lefau/Fawcett/Gray forward.

That's solid.

Gibcus is definitely worth trying as a forward. Has the footy smarts for it + a great leap and acceleration.

Balta + Miller can hold up key defensive posts with Broad, Bauer, Blight, Young and Kosi left to fight over the third tall spot (**** we have a lot of key defenders).

Miller, Balta and Bauer/Blight back with Gibcus, Lunch and Lefau/Fawcett/Gray forward.

That's solid.
Who would have thought out list profile could improve so much from 2 picks in the MSD.

Not saying these guys are the answer, but our list instantly more balanced.

Gibcus is definitely worth trying as a forward. Has the footy smarts for it + a great leap and acceleration.

Balta + Miller can hold up key defensive posts with Broad, Bauer, Blight, Young and Kosi left to fight over the third tall spot (**** we have a lot of key defenders).
Agree, and especially on Bauer staying forward.

Agree, and especially on Bauer staying forward.
I think if Bauer can get his body right he'll have a long career replacing Grimes as an intercepting third tall down back. He really stood out as our best defender early on against the Cats before they threw him forward out of necessity.

This bloke is a premiership defender and should never be played forward again.

Future backline talls are Balta, Miller, Young (yes I rate him, having a bad year but so are many blokes), maybe Gibcus if his body ever comes good. Blight an option too and maybe even Kosi.

Forward line is Lefau, Gray, Fawcett, Bauer (I think he belongs forward). Need more options here.

Lynch is about cooked. Grimes and Broad too/ageing.

Alright you feral campaigners, you got you weird ass experiment with this guy. So what do you want? The 20th best tall forward in the league, or a top 5 Key defender?

You've seen enough now, thats your choices. A average KPF or an elite Back. Time to stop the bullshit

Brown ?
Vlastuin ?

We do need depth, if Balta stays back which he should, Young is probably the 4th KPD, which means he'll still play often enough due to injury, etc, but probably also spend a bit of time in the VFL. Not everyone can be best 22, we've got to have back ups available at both ends.

Balta, Gibcus, Blight, Miller, Young gives us plenty of options.

Maybe Gibcus goes forward in that group.

This bloke is a premiership defender and should never be played forward again.

Future backline talls are Balta, Miller, Young (yes I rate him, having a bad year but so are many blokes), maybe Gibcus if his body ever comes good. Blight an option too and maybe even Kosi.

Forward line is Lefau, Gray, Fawcett, Bauer (I think he belongs forward). Need more options here.

Lynch is about cooked. Grimes and Broad too/ageing.

I agree on Balta and Miller. Combine them with a healthy Gibcus and the backline looks good.

Forward line needs two low picks dedicated to some key forwards as those guys aren't premiership 22 standard which is what we should be aiming to build.

Think he could be up there with Weitering , May and Moore as the best KPD in the competition, if he continues last night’s form.
Intercept marking was excellent, and his kicking was much better last night. It’s the thing that he really needs to nail down to become an elite defender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do need depth, if Balta stays back which he should, Young is probably the 4th KPD, which means he'll still play often enough due to injury, etc, but probably also spend a bit of time in the VFL. Not everyone can be best 22, we've got to have back ups available at both ends.

Balta, Gibcus, Blight, Miller, Young gives us plenty of options.

Maybe Gibcus goes forward in that group.
If Blight can make it, then Gibcus coming back as a forward would be massive.

I think I’m now in the box , Balta best posi is in defence , has def strengthen us being back there and playing A grade footy ,,,fk I hope we re sign him
Yep, I concede, he has to stay back. He and Miller together look bloody solid.

I think we can finally put the forward experiment to bed. We're stacked for KPDs now, Gibcus has to go forward.
Yep get Gibcus to start learning the forward role while he's rehabbing and then spend the preseason there. We can always throw him back again if it doesn't work.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back