Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you people nuts? Balta will be 25 and has AA Key defender potential & athleticism that could keep him relevant as a KP defender for another decade. When you are rebuilding you need a good backline as its constantly under attached.

Balta should legit get a statue out the front of punt road just for not asking for a trade this off-season like the rat-pack

no 800k is 800k and that's as much I think he is worth. maybe he can get front ended deal where he earns over 1 million a year but over the journey, I think it should be 800k, he isn't much better than our other defender he intercepts better but he makes a lot of mistakes for a key defender.
Agree. If an offer comes > 1 mill. Let him go or trade him. He’s not worth it. He Makes dumb mistakes regularly.

Are you people nuts? Balta will be 25 and has AA Key defender potential & athleticism that could keep him relevant as a KP defender for another decade. When you are rebuilding you need a good backline as its constantly under attached.

Balta should legit get a statue out the front of punt road just for not asking for a trade this off-season like the rat-pack
Heaps of players have AA potential and AA means nothing don't rate it, never will.
He is a good player no one is doubting that but he is not pick 2 good. if we are smart we let him go.

I really rate balta and think the club have stuffed up him reaching his full potential. His athletic gifts are 9.5/10. He had the potential to he peak Kouta mk2. The club have mucked him around too much now being switched fwd, ruck then back in the same game is a joke. If Wietering had offers of $1.5mil and Battles paltry $850k is enough for band 1 surely teams will offer Balta >$1mil - $1.2mil. If we're bottom 3 (I expect us to be last but ya never know Lynch could have several games where he single handedly wins us the game) the club would be foolish not to let him go.

Picks 1 and 2 could set the clubs next flag up immediately. 2 superstar players added to this year's haul. Or pick 2 could be traded for 2 good 1st rounders. Or even 1 1st rounder a 2nd and their next years 1st? I expect us to be garbage til tassie show up at least, that pick 2 would be too tempting..... 5-6 more years of Balta (2-3 years while we're non competitive) vs 12 -15 years of our next Dusty or a new set of Lynch, Prestia and Vlastuin for 10 - 15 years each.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #21: Noah Balta

Remove this Banner Ad

Back