21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

DW= Don't Worry.
Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

Speaking of recency bias...I think this has affected the perceptions of my next player, after his coach has affected his last 18 months, but prior to that, this man was an All-Australian midfielder 3 times, twice more in the squad, a Gary Ayers medallist and can play inside or outside.

With pick 140something, Hawthorn selects....Jack Macrae.
You bugger!!!

I missed him by an Ardent willy

You bugger!!!

I missed him by an Ardent willy

It sounds funny but I'm actually relieved when I annoy people - cos at least you know you haven't gone too early when there are about 5 players (from completely different positions) that you want to draft with every selection.

It sounds funny but I'm actually relieved when I annoy people - cos at least you know you haven't gone too early when there are about 5 players (from completely different positions) that you want to draft with every selection.
He was 1st in line by the position I wanted for him.

Gun who's getting on but a pig for 99% of his career.

Small pivot now

Yep. There have been a few selections where I thought "would not even select that player at pick 200", though admittedly only a couple of times I have thought that.

Though in saying that I did consider Macre very briefly a few rounds ago when I ended up picking Oliver.

I’m totally fine with you picking him , actually use your next pick.
HAHA, he doesn't fit within my needs.

Nothings really a secret with our lists and needs.

Ben Cunnington would be on the radar but not willing to spend tickets on him just yet.

I had to double check with Heeney because I couldn't believe he slid so far given his versatility.

That's why I got freaked out when people (perhaps trolling) laughed at my Shannon Hurn choice. in hindsight I should have picked Heath Shaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had to double check with Heeney because I couldn't believe he slid so far given his versatility.

That's why I got freaked out when people (perhaps trolling) laughed at my Shannon Hurn choice. in hindsight I should have picked Heath Shaw.
Shannon Hurn was a gun defender and close to the best kick from D50 of the modern era.

Solid choice for mine

what are your thoughts on a player who was on par with similar position elite players but struggled due to injuries. I'm considering a player late in the game, perhaps as an interchange player but their career ended too soon due to persistent injuries.

They had great stats but didn't quite make 150 games.

what are your thoughts on a player who was on par with similar position elite players but struggled due to injuries. I'm considering a player late in the game, perhaps as an interchange player but their career ended too soon due to persistent injuries.

They had great stats but didn't quite make 150 games.

They obviously go down in rankings because of it as you are in this concept likely only going to get a similar number of games from them in our drafting universe, but if they are good it can be worth it.

I actually discounted Phil Davis because of it as while he was a great key defender he always seemed to be injured.

If Luke Darcy debuted a year later I could have taken him and got Sam F/S! Damn it.
Luke Darcy would have been top 20.

There's a player in this game today that I'd love to pick as a project player but they're at the point in their career where it's hard to know whether they're going to make it or not.

Sam was mine LF.
Hands off!!! 😘
I definitely would have considered him but thought people might hold off on him. He's done enough for mine to show he's going to be top tier.

If I got his dad you would have no choice , hand him over sorry the custody battle has been won.
Imagine if Luke Darcy got to play in the same team as Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

21st Century draft - full 22 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back