AFL Player #22: Sam Durham

Remove this Banner Ad

22 - durham.jpg
Contract Status: Out of contract 2029
My Boy Draft 2024: Pick 15, Zach Package

Last edited by a moderator:

what was the result in the end? Radio was saying AC injury… on here it seems to be a concussion.
from my POV at the ground it looked like a shoulder judging on how he was holding it but postgame it was confirmed that it was a head knock & they subbed him off basically straight away

There was nothing wrong with the tackle. It was a good, hard tackle we'd be thrilled about if our player laid it. Contact sport. Accidents still happen
Apart from it being high of course.

There was nothing wrong with the tackle. It was a good, hard tackle we'd be thrilled about if our player laid it. Contact sport. Accidents still happen

Depends - if Pendles does it, it’s a good hard tackle, accidents happen, etc.

If Redman or Merrett does it, straight to the tribunal, we must protect the head

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Durham ran into him I thought. Odd that Ross tackle didn't get a mention. Maybe I need to watch again.
Durham was falling to the ground and Ross fell down on top of him. The head contact wasn’t really due to an action in the tackle. Ross grabbed Durham, Durham fell forward, and Ross came down. No sling. No forceful action or driving him into the turf. Fair call.

Durham was falling to the ground and Ross fell down on top of him. The head contact wasn’t really due to an action in the tackle. Ross grabbed Durham, Durham fell forward, and Ross came down. No sling. No forceful action or driving him into the turf. Fair call.
Fair enough mate. For some reason I thought he'd pinned the arms.

To me the tackle looked fair aside from his left arm being above Durham shoulder which made it a free kick against Ross. They both fell forward so he sort of fell on top of Durham. I thought it was worthy of a free kick for us but not a report worthy incident but then he did get knocked out so I don’t know?

To me the tackle looked fair aside from his left arm being above Durham shoulder which made it a free kick against Ross. They both fell forward so he sort of fell on top of Durham. I thought it was worthy of a free kick for us but not a report worthy incident but then he did get knocked out so I don’t know?
That’s the grey area now, isnt it? But I think that if it’s accidental in the act of reasonable contesting then it should be OK’ed.

i don't think so. that tackle looked ok. shoulder to ground.
Otherwise ross would have been suspended
He went off straight after that and never came back on so I assumed that was the incident. The tackle itself was innocuous enough. Ross didn’t pin the arms, sling him to the ground, or drive his head into the turf. Duz simply fell forward after being claimed and Ross fell on top of him. Normal footy contest that had an unfortunate outcome I would’ve thought. No real duty of care on Ross’ behalf in my opinion.

He went off straight after that and never came back on so I assumed that was the incident. The tackle itself was innocuous enough. Ross didn’t pin the arms, sling him to the ground, or drive his head into the turf. Duz simply fell forward after being claimed and Ross fell on top of him. Normal footy contest that had an unfortunate outcome I would’ve thought. No real duty of care on Ross’ behalf in my opinion.
i'm thinking we missed it on the tape and only picked up on it after he hurt the shoulder.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #22: Sam Durham

Remove this Banner Ad

Back