Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldy is the best ruck I have seen at North.

He edges out McKernan due to longevity. McKernan 95-2000 was very good 96 being the stand out obviously

Goldy (apart from 2017, yuck) has been one of the premier ruckman in the comp from 2012-2022

FROM VFL EXILE TO TEAM OF THE CENTURY WORTHY: MCKERNAN OUTLINES INCREDIBLE GOLDSTEIN RISE​

North Melbourne great Corey McKernan has paid tribute to fellow ruckman Todd Goldstein, who will play his 300th game in 2023.

Sitting on 295 games, the competition’s all-time hit-out record holder has been a key member of the club’s midfield since 2010.

McKernan, who worked as a ruck coach at the club during Goldstein’s early years, revealed it hasn’t always been smooth sailing.

“I’ve known Todd since he first started at North Melbourne and he’s such an amazing story and not many people would know this – he got sent away from the football club,” the premiership Kangaroo told SEN Breakfast.

“When I was ruck coach for a couple of years, we actually sent him away to Werribee because his attitude wasn’t up to standard.

“He’s made himself into the player he is today. I think sometimes you can have a leadership role by title, but in Todd’s case I don’t think he needs the leadership title in terms of showing the way and how younger players should prepare and go about their footy.”

36 seconds of 1 minute, 21 seconds

Goldy is the best ruck I have seen at North.

He edges out McKernan due to longevity. McKernan 95-2000 was very good 96 being the stand out obviously

Goldy (apart from 2017, yuck) has been one of the premier ruckman in the comp from 2012-2022

Too young to remember Lewis & much of Teasdale. Mick Nolan was great but bit like Corey, short-lived.
Goldy probably gets the ✔ from me too.

Anyone who‘s had multiple dicks throughout their career is a gun.

We’ve got so used to his incredible consistency over the past 15 years, that we take it for granted. When he retires we will truely understand the massive hole he’ll leave in our midfield.

Nuthin but love for the great man.

7ADF5A20-07FC-4607-B230-732797ED6BB6.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations Goldy. Amazing resilience. Both his toughness and talent is hugely underrated outside of Arden Street. Takes real stones to run at 100kg monsters at Centre bounces dozens of times each game.

1. Goldy
2. Teasdale
3. Nolan
4. Corey
5. Lewis ( grandpa knew his ruckman )

Apols; Dempsey.

Three things for certain- death , taxes and Goldy been super fit before pre season training, the man is a machine
And doesn’t get anywhere near the praise he deserves for it, especially from North fans.

People talking about replacing Goldie talk about it like replacing a really good ruck. Goldie is generational. The fact that Grundy, Minson, Natanui et al practically stole repeat AA throughout his career should not taint the career of a supremely fit, skilled and durable warrior that should be spoken about in the same hallowed manner as Arch, Stevo, Harvey, Grant and Carey (in a footballing sense).

There, I said my piece.

This bloke might play till he’s 40

Clearly prepares meticulously and has this massive capacity to play game on game on game at max minutes even when it’s a complete grind.

Pretty easy to see him going on so long as his stats hold out this year.

He’s come a long way from the greasy bed haired ripped t-shirt and old tracky dacks wearing skinny slob who first turned up to the players’ bbq at Arden St a week after being drafted, and is a real credit to himself.

A well deserved accolade is life membership of the AFL for Todd. 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back