Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

37 degrees tomorrow. Goldy probably happy to sit in the air con.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
37??!!
Rationale used here is borderline disrespectful.

''He knows he needs to perform well to give himself a chance to come back into the side''

That's ****en crazy.....in what universe has any of X's games come close to what Goldstein does for the team!?!?!?!?!?

This sucks....not only is Goldy close to playing 300 games but he's loyal as s**t. We all know over the years he's had offers from other clubs and he could have left for more money and play in a better teams.....he stayed.
Absolutely. Understand the need to test out xerri’s capabilities but ripping off the band aid leaves a slightly bad taste. Think our loyal servants could be handled a little better but in clarko I trust.

How many years in a row have we had rigorous conversation about goldys spot in the side in the first 5 rounds?

Easily the last 3.

It takes him a while to get going and clarkos seen this first hand.

This isn’t a matter of clarko not respecting him- let’s not forget he was getting Jordan Lewis to KO him a while back because he was so dominant.

Goldy just isn’t as great as he used to be.
Goldstein no longer does the ruck duties himself....he now has to share with likes of X and Coleman Jones. So now his numbers have been heavily diluted because of it.

He hasn't slowed down.
So if NicNat was playing, this selection would be okay? I don't understand why we would only play Goldy against rookies and hacks. Seems arse backwards.
He should be playing regardless.

You missed the point of the post.

Last edited:
Goldstein no longer does the ruck duties himself....he now has to share with likes of X and Coleman Jones. So now he's numbers have been heavily diluted because of it.

He hasn't slowed down.

Yep. Shit. We could almost play him as a second forward and it would be better than the hole we have been running with over the last 2 years.

You could play him in the midfield or wing and still probably get better value than half our team.

I've just had a double check of the line-up......who else in the starting team is gonna give X a breather when he needs a break? He'll be having plenty of em if he's rucking the whole game by himself.

And that's another thing....has X ever rucked a full game on his own in the AFL level?

I love nothing more than players who endeavour to get the most out of themselves when they are at the club and X is one of those guys. I'm not shitting on him.

But the decison to leave Goldstein out and have X do the role on his own baffles me.

I've just had a double check of the line-up......who else in the starting team is gonna give X a breather when he needs a break? He'll be having plenty of em if he's rucking the whole game by himself.

And that's another thing....has X ever rucked a full game on his own in the AFL level?

I love nothing more than players who endeavour to get the most out of themselves when they are at the club and X is one of those guys. I'm not shitting on him.

But the decison to leave Goldstein out and have X do the role on his own baffles me.
Charlie Comben has been training with the rucks a bit I believe. Nick Larkey has also taken some ruck contests before.

They won't be GOOD but they'll at least give him a break if he needs one.

I need to know why this bloke is not playing today….? 37 deg on a a fast deck, the only reason I can think of why we’d go with one ruckman… and I’d still pick Todd first

Yep. s**t. We could almost play him as a second forward and it would be better than the hole we have been running with over the last 2 years.

You could play him in the midfield or wing and still probably get better value than half our team.
Hell, you could even plonk him at CHB with McKay out - and watch him run interference with the long entries with his nouse and experience. The lad's pretty competent at the level just quietly.

Charlie Comben has been training with the rucks a bit I believe. Nick Larkey has also taken some ruck contests before.

They won't be GOOD but they'll at least give him a break if he needs one.
Big issue we will have is when X is having his break - we’ll only have one tall forward. How are we going to kick a score.
Would have played an extra tall in Goldy

Hell, you could even plonk him at CHB with McKay out - and watch him run interference with the long entries with his nouse and experience. The lad's pretty competent at the level just quietly.

Now that would have been an option..

Sure we need to test out players, but if that’s the case why are we also playing a bloke we delisted and then picked up again…!

Goldstein no longer does the ruck duties himself....he now has to share with likes of X and Coleman Jones. So now his numbers have been heavily diluted because of it.

He hasn't slowed down.

We have decided to only play one ruck in today's forecast conditions, that much seems clear. We have selected the one whose pre-season fitness indicates that he will best be able to run out the game. If you have any current data that shows Goldy is fitter than X, I'd be happy to see it.

We have decided to only play one ruck in today's forecast conditions, that much seems clear. We have selected the one whose pre-season fitness indicates that he will best be able to run out the game. If you have any current data that shows Goldy is fitter than X, I'd be happy to see it.
This has to be a piss take surely?

Look at the numbers.

When Goldstein was the main guy, doing the majority on his own….no other ruckman in the comp spent more minutes on the ground than he did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This has to be a piss take surely?

Look at the numbers.

When Goldstein was the main guy, doing the majority on his own….no other ruckman in the comp spent more minutes on the ground than he did.
CURRENT would be the operative word. Have you been at training measuring his fitness levels this pre season? Perhaps, just possibly, the coaches who have been down there every day might know better than us?

Care to explain how the selectors' prediction that today was not the right day for multiple designated rucks was somehow wrong when the team with multiple designated rucks lost and the team without any rucks for well over three-quarters of game time won? Take your time with that, I'll wait.

Care to explain how the selectors' prediction that today was not the right day for multiple designated rucks was somehow wrong when the team with multiple designated rucks lost and the team without any rucks for well over three-quarters of game time won? Take your time with that, I'll wait.
It's a stretch labling the ruckman west coast had as ruckman when the two have a combined total 37 games played. Regardless....whether it was them or and Nic Nat playing......X on his own is too much.

I'll say it again....he's never rucked a full game of AFL footy before.

I was at the game.....when X was on the ground trying to get back up and slumped back to the ground again the collective groans and chatter of 'Goldstein should be playing' from fans was telling.

Goldstein playing or even used as a sub......that game doesn't go down to 5 points.

#IWasRight
#swallowyourpride

It's a stretch labling the ruckman west coast had as ruckman when the two have a combined total 37 games played. Regardless....whether it was them or and Nic Nat playing......X on his own is too much.

I was at the game.....when X was on the ground trying to get back up and slumped back to the ground again the collective groans and chatter of 'Goldstein should be playing' from fans was telling.

Goldstein playing or even used as a sub......that game doesn't go down to 5 points.

#IWasRight
#swallowyourpride

If Goldstein plays and the butterfly effect knock on is that Xerri doesn't roll an ankle at that point as he would have been rotating with Goldy. We then have two lumbering giants in our 22 and we can't keep up with WCE for 4 quarters. This is not rocket science.

Xerri has had a better pre season and competes harder in the contest than Goldstein. Goldstein's game against the Dogs was soft and he was punished for it.

Was the right call and I liked Xerri's game up until he got injured.

Goldy will need to show he's invested and not just coasting on experience if he wants to stay in the team.

#IWasRight
#swallowyourpride
Reaction Ok GIF

Xerri has had a better pre season and competes harder in the contest than Goldstein. Goldstein's game against the Dogs was soft and he was punished for it.

Was the right call and I liked Xerri's game up until he got injured.

Goldy will need to show he's invested and not just coasting on experience if he wants to stay in the team.
Had a great game in the VFL by all reports which was good to hear. I think being left out of the round one team is all the messaging he needs to make sure he isn't at risk of just coasting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back