Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarko's rebuild starts now...
Well if this the start of the Clarkson rebuild well then you would say Turner days are numbered and the same goes for McDonald as both players won’t be in North best team come Round 1 in 2024.
If both players are playing AFL next year it will be a slap in the face of others that may get delisted or traded

Shame. Absolute stalwart and still best-22.

But we're rebuilding and offering a 35yo a two-year deal would have been stupid. I would have thought he'd have retired but if * have a two-year deal for him then I guess he'd have to take it. Even if you're still second-fiddle behind Draper and solely a ruckman. Could have left for flags at any time but it seems now he leaves for his superannuation. Fair enough.
Thanks. This was the post that gave my initial annoyed reaction perspective. This is best for him and the club, good luck to him, we’ll have always been the team that got his best.

Well if this the start of the Clarkson rebuild well then you would say Turner days are numbered and the same goes for McDonald as both players won’t be in North best team come Round 1 in 2024.
If both players are playing AFL next year it will be a slap in the face of others that may get delisted or traded
Agree, but Lmac has a contract till end 2026, ridiculous contract.

There was a time he was the lock SuperCoach captain.
I also remember Jordan Lewis round-housing him from behind right in front of me at Marvel. Dog act.
The Hawks were flying, but knew Goldy at his best made us very hard to beat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We got 315 games from the big fella and they were his best games. Anything from here is just adding to his stats but will ultimately be meaningless in the grand scheme of things in relation to his legacy to our club.

Go well Todd, you will stay a North person after your career is over

Now he is the enemy.
Cobra Kai Sweep GIF by IFC

There was a time he was the lock SuperCoach captain.
I also remember Jordan Lewis round-housing him from behind right in front of me at Marvel. Dog act.
The Hawks were flying, but knew Goldy at his best made us very hard to beat

If next year Todd is standing in the way of NMFC winning a game or losing it, I'd like to think one of our boys splits him in two (fairly as possible of course).

Will always love what Goldy has done for our club but now he's doing it against our club. Ruthless.

Fun Fact: Goldstein was the last player to be at the club at the same time as shinboner of the centenary Glen Archer. They never did play a game together because Goldy didn't actually debut until 2008 and Arch retired at the end of 2007, but Goldy was actually drafted in 2006.

Also the last to have played under Laidley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Back