Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

You would think the longer this one delays he is probably out the door?

He was holding off to see how the club was tracking, that should be put to bed now you think with all the positivity around the club and Clarko.

It’s either now him holding out for dollars or he has already decided to leave.

While not ideal if he does leave, you would think the compensation would be pretty good.

If this one stretches out past the mid season break, could be goneski.

Reading that Jay Clark article, if Port really wanted Ben McKay, they ruined any chance by getting Judas.

He seems like the last person who would want to be inside the four walls with that sook again. Not sure any monetary figure could entice him.

Reading that Jay Clark article, if Port really wanted Ben McKay, they ruined any chance by getting Judas.

He seems like the last person who would want to be inside the four walls with that sook again. Not sure any monetary figure could entice him.
He’s already had four senior coaches in his AFL career. He can’t move to Port with any confidence about who’s gonna be in the coaches box next year. Sounds to me like his manager trying to get North to up their offer.

if he leaves surely have a crack at Balta? was a BFNAAK i’m pretty sure

Mason Redman, Harry Himmelberg and Tom Doedee all FA's but we wouldn't want to dilute any compo which makes that avenue trickier.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In today's Age.

NEW REPRESENTATION
North Melbourne defender Ben McKay is still nursing a right foot injury, but he is making moves off the field.
McKay, the twin brother of Carlton’s Coleman medallist Harry, is one of this year’s most coveted free agents after averaging more than four intercept marks a game in a breakout 2022 campaign.
[PLAYERCARD]Ben McKay[/PLAYERCARD] (right) is one of the most coveted free agents this year.

Ben McKay (right) is one of the most coveted free agents this year.CREDIT:GETTY IMAGES
The 202-centimetre backman recently switched management companies to powerhouse agency TLA Australia, as he prepares to make the biggest decision of his AFL career.

The Blues would love to pair McKay with his sibling, while Port Adelaide have identified him as a priority to bolster their under-sized back line after failing to convince Geelong to trade Esava Ratugolea last year.
More clubs are likely to enter the frame the longer the 25-year-old remains on the market, but industry estimations suggest he could command $800,000 a season, so that hefty price tag may limit his suitors.
A deal of that size would trigger premium free-agency compensation for the Roos.

It'd be nice to hear something from Ben indicating that he has some interest in staying and helping to turn the club's fortune's around.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
He did say in an interview the other day along the lines that talks are progressing and they’re positive, but that means bugger all in the big picture.

The more I think about Ben leaving nowadays the less I get concerned. Clarko has an excellent track record of recruiting backmen from other clubs and winning ****; Gibbo, Frawley, Lake, Spangher, etc.

He did say in an interview the other day along the lines that talks are progressing and they’re positive, but that means bugger all in the big picture.

The more I think about Ben leaving nowadays the less I get concerned. Clarko has an excellent track record of recruiting backmen from other clubs and winning ****; Gibbo, Frawley, Lake, Spangher, etc.
I'm not so much concerned. He goes, so be it.

I just find it a little distasteful that a bloke we've invested nearly 8 years into for a 54 game return would be contemplating pissing off when it's time to repay the faith.

I reckon he's out, purely speculation.

Unfortunately I think so too. His brother is a pretty direct equivalent who could command a blank cheque at any club in the land and signed well ahead of schedule.

We've got our proven coach now, we're off on a journey together. Nobody can give you assurances beyond that.

Reckon we're getting played JHF "happy with delaying talks" style. Would love to be wrong.

It'd be nice to hear something from Ben indicating that he has some interest in staying and helping to turn the club's fortune's around.

I still think McLogue is the best. Swap McKay for Butters and poach a KPD via FA.

And to quote TT, don't **** with Ninja's and we'll be as per below.

1680655928654.png

:p

I think McKay will McStay

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back