Player Watch #23: Geordie Payne - Pick 1 2024 MSD - Welcome to NM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gone from working as a fulltime apprentice, training 2 days a week in the Tassie Coates League system, with only a little bit of gym work, to a full time AFL players. Been a big shock to the system for him, but he is taking it all in his stride. Basically, was getting through his VFL games on raw determination. His tank and his strength metrics have already improved since he came to the club and there is an expectation that he'll attack this pre-season head on. He doesn't say too much and just likes to get down to business.

Barlow is a big fan, and Lynch says he is very coachable in the VFL. Half forward will be his niche. Fitness and strength are really the only things holding him back at this early stage.
Doing God's work. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Gone from working as a fulltime apprentice, training 2 days a week in the Tassie Coates League system, with only a little bit of gym work, to a full time AFL players. Been a big shock to the system for him, but he is taking it all in his stride. Basically, was getting through his VFL games on raw determination. His tank and his strength metrics have already improved since he came to the club and there is an expectation that he'll attack this pre-season head on. He doesn't say too much and just likes to get down to business.

Barlow is a big fan, and Lynch says he is very coachable in the VFL. Half forward will be his niche. Fitness and strength are really the only things holding him back at this early stage.
North Melbourne’s list and these problems.

An iconic duo.

Cheers, and thanks for update, i just checked his details and he hasn't even turned 19 yet, anyone writing him this early surely a bit premature, if Barlow is a fan, thats good news to me, good luck to the kid, hope he has a great pre season.

North Melbourne’s list and these problems.

An iconic duo.

To be fair mate, things are changing on that front, more and more of our younger recruits are getting their playing weights and endurance to an acceptable level far quicker than we've seen in the past. Players like: Sheezel. Wardlaw, Kerch, W. Dawson, Powell (weight), Curtis (weight), Comben, George, Archer, Lazzaro have all shown significant improvement in either 1 or both areas since they walked in the door.

It's been slow going but things are changing on that front imo.

To be fair mate, things are changing on that front, more and more of our younger recruits are getting their playing weights and endurance to an acceptable level far quicker than we've seen in the past. Players like: Sheezel. Wardlaw, Kerch, W. Dawson, Powell (weight), Curtis (weight), Comben, George, Archer, Lazzaro have all shown significant improvement in either 1 or both areas since they walked in the door.

It's been slow going but things are changing on that front imo.
Love the updates! Out of interest, how do you come by all this info?

Why? We need young defensive forwards perhaps more than any other position. Bar maybe a young key forward.
Don't know really. Just nothing seemed special to me at all about him in his pre-draft vids. Other than the media talking him up.
Having said that, I thought Kyron Hayden was an unreal pick up at the time of his draft, so what would I know :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something tells me that he’s a no bullshit, meat and potatoes nuggety player. He might have the tenacity that Arch has. Looks a little tough bastard that wants to hunt. Im looking forward to him getting fit and hungry

Something tells me that he’s a no bullshit, meat and potatoes nuggety player. He might have the tenacity that Arch has. Looks a little tough bastard that wants to hunt. Im looking forward to him getting fit and hungry
My Lord, what sort of analysis is that of a player? That could apply to any one of 100,000 local footballers. You guys need A Grade talent. Not nuggety tough little bastards.
After reading that, I've just about put a line through Windows (that's what me and my 19 mates call him).

My Lord, what sort of analysis is that of a player? That could apply to any one of 100,000 local footballers. You guys need A Grade talent. Not nuggety tough little bastards.
After reading that, I've just about put a line through Windows (that's what me and my 19 mates call him).
😂 Gold coast have no place to comment here. All the handouts in the world and your mob can’t touch the 8. We need a small forward that can pressure the shit out of the joint and I reckon he has it. Go to the gild coast board and talk amongst all your members and supporters.. no wonder you hang out here

Not all meat and potatoes though, he has some pretty solid athletic traits.

😂 Gold coast have no place to comment here. All the handouts in the world and your mob can’t touch the 8. We need a small forward that can pressure the shit out of the joint and I reckon he has it. Go to the gild coast board and talk amongst all your members and supporters.. no wonder you hang out here
Jeepers. North Melbourne has always been my second team after I changed from NM to the Suns when I was a grasshopper. So I'll always have a soft spot for ya's. I still find it bewildering that we beat the Suns in round 24 last year. I mean, we were 5 goals down and Harley Reid was at Errol St on his way to the bright light of Aegius Park.
Did the Suns ever get investigated for that loss? There have been careless whispers about that some GC players rocked up to training this Feb riding brand new Specialized bikes with Shimano gears.....makes you wonder.

I pleaded immunity on this entire discussion, I'm going back to watching Quincy M.E

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #23: Geordie Payne - Pick 1 2024 MSD - Welcome to NM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back