Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

That may well turn out to be the case. Just for the sake of clarification, my point at the time wasn't to draw comparisons between the two, but simply to highlight that making definitive calls on a player after 2 games is an incredibly foolish pursuit.

No way in reference to your post or linked posts. You just happened to get in first.

Generally, I'm confused as to what the expectation is for these young blokes. Really confused.

No way in reference to your post or linked posts. You just happened to get in first.

Generally, I'm confused as to what the expectation is for these young blokes. Really confused.

I think bellzy's post may have touched on that subject but, yeah, you're not Robinson Crusoe there.

Is anyone really calling for his head or is it just NMFC est 1869 who is obviously not a North supporter but I am sure has his fun trying to throw doubt out about quality young players.

This guy has Bartell/Hayes written all over him. That handball out of a pack in the 2nd? quarter was sensational.

It will never make a highlight reel but close to the best handpass I have ever seen.......krakouer-esque!

As good as the Daniel Harris to Troy Makepeace, against the Power at Canberra?

This guy has Bartell/Hayes written all over him. That handball out of a pack in the 2nd? quarter was sensational.

The gather at top speed was the most impressive aspect of it.

Deserves YouTube.

Match winning goal tally with mongrel floater: 1

Like our other young mids, sometimes lacks the stamina and polish to go for 4 quarters but does show enough to suggest he will kill it in 3-4 years.

Like Ziebell, Swallow and Cunnington, can turn 20-80 contests into 70-30 ones our way through desperation and hardness.

Inspired by Bear Jew 2 Bust a Nut >

Yes worth it's own toast thread perhaps. And would you believe I had old lady "kick the bloody thing" sitting right behind me. And I swear she screamed "kick the bloody thing" 13 times in that play.

Found some highlights for us to enjoy.

Goal can be seen at 3:23 onwards, unfortunately we miss out on Bastinac's super clean pickup below the knees from a turnover to kick off the chain of handballs. Highlight of the match for me, good to see our youngsters working hard and backing themselves. Swallow calls numerous times, yet stays involved to finish off a great goal.

Dennis Cometti with yet another pearler at 4:14 onwards. Thanks Hombre.

[YOUTUBE]oU2SXeLs9go[/YOUTUBE]

Whilst, for our Richmond supporters, we can dispel any thoughts that North weren't harder at the ball on Sunday with Hardwick at 5:10.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lachie's hands in 2 passages.........

Good on him but I hope he knows what he's doing. The last thing we need is a Fev/Mrs Fev/Bingle like triumvirate controversy undoing the club's family feel.

Two passages, not necessarily two women. Not my cup of tea, but who knows what the young folk are into these days.

Good point Chuck..........passages fore and aft. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

Ahem.............moving right along.....................

I loved that "tough hombre" call by Cometti the other day. I also liked the fact that he knows wtf he's talking about when discussing our list depth.

Just need thoughts.
Will Levi be used as a tagger all his playing days, or will he be used as the power house midfielder,that he displayed in the last game of 2010 against the Demons which he destroyed the opposition.

Just need thoughts.
Will Levi be used as a tagger all his playing days, or will he be used as the power house midfielder,that he displayed in the last game of 2010 against the Demons which he destroyed the opposition.

IMO he does his best work along side Swallow getting his hands on the ball. So no more tagging for him.

Bon has encouraged Levi to focus on winning his own footy and has given his the freedom to do so, hence the 39 disposal game against Melbourne. He will priobably be given an opponent to shadow, but not to the detriment of his own game.

Sometimes we will need to tag opposition players and Levi is probably the most suited to that role out of our midfielders. His physicality and endurance will make him a nightmare opponent. Hopefully he can get a whole lot of footy whilst shutting down the opposition's best player.

Garlett drops a mark, the ball hits the deck. Greenwood swoops down but is mauled by three Eagles. Using core strength, quick thinking and a sheer will to win the footy Greenwood manages to fend off and twist free. He finds enough space to shoot out an overhead, blind handball to an awaiting Adams who moves it quickly to a running Garlett. "The Garlett kick is a ripper to Edwards". Who then kicks into Warren's space. Warren runs hard and cuts in from the boundary, grabs possession and then does what only Warren could do. He collides with the post, bounces off into a full 360, maintains possession and boots it through with a disbelieving Ash Smith hot on his heels.

Thank-you Levi, thank-you for your manic ability to turn a ball in dispute into a ball in North's possession. 2011 has me counting down the days! Whatever player I think of I can't help but get excited to see their progression next year.

Remember everyone calling out for his hardness early in the season, then when he finally made his debut, he laid one of the hardest hits on a hodge. I heard the smash of bodies from the grandstand. Was truly Awesome. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Back