Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Garlett drops a mark, the ball hits the deck. Greenwood swoops down but is mauled by three Eagles. Using core strength, quick thinking and a sheer will to win the footy Greenwood manages to fend off and twist free. He finds enough space to shoot out an overhead, blind handball to an awaiting Adams who moves it quickly to a running Garlett. "The Garlett kick is a ripper to Edwards". Who then kicks into Warren's space. Warren runs hard and cuts in from the boundary, grabs possession and then does what only Warren could do. He collides with the post, bounces off into a full 360, maintains possession and boots it through with a disbelieving Ash Smith hot on his heels.

Thank-you Levi, thank-you for your manic ability to turn a ball in dispute into a ball in North's possession. 2011 has me counting down the days! Whatever player I think of I can't help but get excited to see their progression next year.

Remember everyone calling out for his hardness early in the season, then when he finally made his debut, he laid one of the hardest hits on a hodge. I heard the smash of bodies from the grandstand. Was truly Awesome. :thumbsu:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsxfuQNGR2U

It was Cruize and Adams that got the disputed ball to Greenwood. As soon as he had it they knew they could peel off as he had the strength to get it out to them. I love the way these three can win hard balls plus get to their feet and get to an outside position. I've got no idea how people can leave Cruize out of their best 21. Plain stoopid. Greenwood is all grunt!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsxfuQNGR2U

It was Cruize and Adams that got the disputed ball to Greenwood. As soon as he had it they knew they could peel off as he had the strength to get it out to them. I love the way these three can win hard balls plus get to their feet and get to an outside position. I've got no idea how people can leave Cruize out of their best 21. Plain stoopid. Greenwood is all grunt!

Serio? It spilled out of Cruize's arms, it then became a loose ball. It is there, where my story starts*... Greenwood thread not happy about Cruize stealing thunder. Greenwood thinks Cruize should've marked it so he could've got a cheapy running past instead of fighting off three weagles to win possession again. But Greenwood don't care, he prefer hard ball to cheap ball.

*ok, so it started with Garlett's dropped mark, but i omitted several seconds due to nothing substantial actually happening and cruise going to ground and ball being spilt out back into dispute ;)

LeviTheWreckinBall.jpg

Serio? It spilled out of Cruize's arms, it then became a loose ball. It is there, where my story starts*... Greenwood thread not happy about Cruize stealing thunder. Greenwood thinks Cruize should've marked it so he could've got a cheapy running past instead of fighting off three weagles to win possession again. But Greenwood don't care, he prefer hard ball to cheap ball.

*ok, so it started with Garlett's dropped mark, but i omitted several seconds due to nothing substantial actually happening and cruise going to ground and ball being spilt out back into dispute ;)

completely agree with your assessment! I just loved the way that once Cruize and Adams saw Levi hovering over the ball they said... Its all your man, I'm not dumb enough to get in your way!...and peeled off to get the ball they knew was coming!

Greenwood swoops down... Using core strength, quick thinking and a sheer will to win the footy Greenwood manages to fend off and twist free. He finds enough space to shoot out an overhead, blind handball...

Thank-you Levi, thank-you for your manic ability to turn a ball in dispute into a ball in North's possession.

Remember everyone calling out for his hardness early in the season, then when he finally made his debut, he laid one of the hardest hits on a hodge. I heard the smash of bodies from the grandstand. Was truly Awesome. :thumbsu:
Ohhh Errol, tell the truth, you would give everything, just to be like him, wouldn't you?

Loved his game on Sat & has added A LOT to our midfield since his return from injury. Besides his toughness & gut-running, the other thing I rate highly is his eagerness to move the ball forward when he takes possession.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "intimidator" is a very important player for us . He adds depth to the midfield , seems to be getting fitter all the time and most of all is Bloody tough, something we have lacked in recent yrs.

Numbers on a steady climb.
Rnd 10: 11
Rnd 11: 12
Rnd 12: 19
Rnd 13: 20

We look much more potent with Greenhead roming around the stoppages.

200 game blue chip footballer.:thumbsu:

It's the players like Adams and Greenwood are the reason why others like Atley, Bastinac, Ziebell will become superstars as they do the dirty work and let the more illustrious members to take the glory.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Back