Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

why would NMFC play Kennedy? He averages about 12 disposals in the VFL. Let him play brilliantly there (after his knee reco) before throwing him to the wolves at AFL level.He's clearly not ready yet

from another thread

I'd love if the much vaunted media department could get a video asking Brad this exact question.

Ayden Kennedy has played 28 VFL games, and been named in the bests on 12 occassions, he was named 3rd best on ground in a Foxtel Cup game as well this year, how has he not even been named an emergency? how is he not "on the cusp" as the website loves to write?

Sierakowski named in the bests 9 times from 22 games
Majak named in the bests 11 times from 30 odd games.
Gysberts named in the bests 3 times..
Taylor Hine in the bests 2 times
Kieran Harper has never been in the bests in 12 games at VFL level..........

Whats the difference? They have all been named emergency MULTIPLE times, and all tasted AFL football (gysberts excluded). FFS Siera has been named emg about 10 times.

**** me, Scott must hate him for what ever reason, because for him to not even be considered in the best 3 players outside of the senior side at any time, despite his form and when you group it with his skillset, athleticism, it's ******* baffling.

anyway back on topic.

Levi showed exactly why he should of been playing earlier.

Reckon the coach loves Levi just as much as we all do and for the same reasons.

Reckon he's also pretty aware of certain limitations in his game and that's hurt him on team selection.

Then he comes out and completely obliterates Cotchin making all the detractors look silly.

*shameface.jpg*

More than stoked to be off on this one as he's just such heart and soul type that absolutely bleeds Blue n White.

If anything probably deserves more credit than he's currently getting.

Every side in the comp has a spot for a player like Levi in their 22. Glad he's in ours, we look a totally different side with guys like him and Hine in. Supports Ziebell, Cunners and Swallow well.

He was as good as gone to Port either last year or this year. Thank ****. THANK ****

Could have easily been sent as part of the Jacobs deal. Thankfully we couldn't get it done and we didn't have to lose anyone to get him.

When will it get to the stage that Levi says "l want to be traded" ? Whats the situation with his contract. This guy bleeds North Melbourne and to get dropped again l'm just wondering if he's had enough of being in and out of the side regularly. With so many others playing , not even on merit, surely he wont be with us next year.

When will it get to the stage that Levi says "l want to be traded" ? Whats the situation with his contract. This guy bleeds North Melbourne and to get dropped again l'm just wondering if he's had enough of being in and out of the side regularly. With so many others playing , not even on merit, surely he wont be with us next year.

I hope he will be with us next year, but i wouldn't be surprised if he asked for a move and nor could i blame him. There's atleast 2 or 3 maybe even 4 more players in the same position.

Someone in another thread mentioned him not killing a ball in the third Q last week that resulted in a goal

Is that all....?? FFS...

If it is then wow... The midfield of Swallow/Ziebell/Cunners/Levi work magnificently against the tigers and then after one bad qtr Levi is again thrown to the wolves. This is where the criticism of Brad comes from. Ok he made a big call and dropped Firrito finally but i can name two blokes from midfield who were alot worse then Levi last week. In shattered at this was hoping to see Levi rip Juddy a new one tomorrow night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it is then wow... The midfield of Swallow/Ziebell/Cunners/Levi work magnificently against the tigers and then after one bad qtr Levi is again thrown to the wolves. This is where the criticism of Brad comes from. Ok he made a big call and dropped Firrito finally but i can name two blokes from midfield who were alot worse then Levi last week. In shattered at this was hoping to see Levi rip Juddy a new one tomorrow night.

Indeed. I don't know if it is or not...maybe giantroo has the footage.

But anywho, you're right, there will be some spin to the public that means nothing.

You can only hope that 'in house' players are getting the feedback that is required to improve.

Someone in another thread mentioned him not killing a ball in the third Q last week that resulted in a goal

Is that all....?? FFS...

It may have something to do with Rich running around unchecked for an entire half of footy. I remember the camera panning to the coaches box after another Rich possession in the third and Scott had a face like thunder.

It may have something to do with Rich running around unchecked for an entire half of footy. I remember the camera panning to the coaches box after another Rich possession in the third and Scott had a face like thunder.

One of those little things that needed fixing you think?

Possibly true, however why didn't the coach make a change in the third when rich started to dominate? Why does brad always throws his hands around whinging instead of being on the bloody phone barking instructions

Apply that criteria and most of the side should be heading to Werribee with him.

Possibly true, however why didn't the coach make a change in the third when rich started to dominate? Why does brad always throws his hands around whinging instead of being on the bloody phone barking instructions

+1, instead of throwing hands around how about walking down the steps and get to ground level and have a chat with the players in person. Thats a area where Scott can improve imo.

Same with Hine.

The box is real Brad.

Out of the box is spin Brad.

Just like the real 'Julia'.

Apply that criteria and most of the side should be heading to Werribee with him.

Unfortunately when you're in the 20-25 range (and he is, no matter how much people want to think of him as key) then you're going to be in the gun when selection night comes around.

I was crying out for Hine to switch onto Rich, but unfortunately for Levi, he is too much of a natural ball-chaser to be an effective shut down player, he's not good enough with the footy to be a constant threat in the middle and he doesn't really have another position.

I'd probably have kept him in to do the grunt work, but it's not really a role that goes in the 'first picked' basket.

Unfortunately when you're in the 20-25 range (and he is, no matter how much people want to think of him as key) then you're going to be in the gun when selection night comes around.

This post is spot on, we can argue all we want. But thats how Brad and possibly Brad's crew see him.

Alright, plenty of positivity from me over the past week in the face of ship that's been sinking this year but... f*** this.

Levi,

It's been great having you in the blue and white, and good luck wherever you go next. Leave the #24 in a bin somewhere so that the next love-child with his silver spoon can dig it out, before he's gifted three years worth of games to 'learn from his mistakes'.

Amen.

It seems the perceived best 22 are allowed to err in the ones and work on their issues there whereas those who are on the fringe or out of it aren't given the same leniency.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Back