Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, did I miss something ?

(Insert reference to any number of quality footballers who didn't show a lot in their first few games.)

FFS. He's played three games. Three. I swear it's like 'Premature Adjudication Hour' around here sometimes. Show some faith in the kid.

And get some nasal spray.

Hopefully this is just a case of scottywiper listening to too much Wham again.

You have precisely hit the nail on the head.

Harvey in his first year averaged 6 disposals, I think.

As you said, three games. Give the kid some time.

You're assuming he is contracted. If he is out of contract he can leave for nothing and head into the ND as well. This will be the end of his second season, so I will bet large amounts of money he is coming off contract.

He should be out of contract, as his two years are up.

But, you can't go from out of contract to the club of your choice, unless you get traded you have to go into the draft and he could end up in Vic, NSW, QLD or WA.

I hope you're wrong 'wiper. I like him, and see a future for sure. Yeah of course he needs to improve a few things but he has tools we crave......namely hardness, first and foremost!

You have precisely hit the nail on the head.

Harvey in his first year averaged 6 disposals, I think.

As you said, three games. Give the kid some time.

No, he played one game in 1996, which most of that was on the bench.

He played 17 games in 1997, mainly from the bench/forward pocket, averaged around 9 to 10 possessions a game.

Anyway, with Greenwood, if he wants to go i don't see any point in trying to persuade him to stay.

Pick 32 in a strong draft... try and get him to stay for another year or something. He's a kid, part of our future (hopefully) and should be retained if possible.

He should be out of contract, as his two years are up.

But, you can't go from out of contract to the club of your choice, unless you get traded you have to go into the draft and he could end up in Vic, NSW, QLD or WA.
Yeah I get that, but if he makes enough about how he wants to go home and doesn't want to move interstate, I doubt a club will risk it on someone like him who is very much unproven. Still, plenty of water to go under the bridge between now and then. Haven't given up on him just yet.

As for the talk about Nick Lower? Neeeeeext please. If they are to be reunited, I'd rather send Ed over there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope you're wrong 'wiper. I like him, and see a future for sure. Yeah of course he needs to improve a few things but he has tools we crave......namely hardness, first and foremost!
Im not craving anymore hardness for my tool TT, I can barely cope with it as it is.

His body language last night wasn't great but it may just have been because he was tired. I think his confidence may have been hit a bit coming into a side that has been really struggling. I certainly hope that he renews his contract as I have confidence he can make it at this level.

His body language last night wasn't great but it may just have been because he was tired. I think his confidence may have been hit a bit coming into a side that has been really struggling. I certainly hope that he renews his contract as I have confidence he can make it at this level.

He should have his contract renewed I agree but I tink only for 1-2 years. Then he can:

a) prove himself to be a good member of the team who is part of the future.

b) can be traded to the Power or Crows for a pick and they get a player with 1-2 years of AFL experience.

No, he played one game in 1996, which most of that was on the bench.

He played 17 games in 1997, mainly from the bench/forward pocket, averaged around 9 to 10 possessions a game.

Anyway, with Greenwood, if he wants to go i don't see any point in trying to persuade him to stay.

Still, 9-10 posessions leaves a lot to be desired.

I'm not sure too many players would decide to leave the club at this stage of the season, especially with a new coach coming in, Crocker taking over (let it be noted that apparently the young players and he relate exceptionally well, and thus I'm sure he'd be happier to play under Crock than Laidels), and finally, with little chance of making the finals, I can see a lot more games being piled onto the younger blokes.

Hopefully in 10 weeks time, he'll see the direction the club's heading, and realize what a shit hole S.A really is. (I guess that has little to do with anything, but in truth, it's a hole...)

Probably worth nothing more than a 4th round draft pick.

He really hasn't shown a whole lot so far. I know he has only played a few games but I think the likes of Warren, Wright, Grima and Ross have shown a lot more to suggest that they will be regular's in our side in the future in comparison.

My guess is that Greenwood will be not much more than a fringe player therefore i'm not concerned if he goes. Perhaps in a couple of years you can correct me if i'm wrong!

I can't see him cracking into the side of either Port or Crows.

Of all the younger players we blooded the last couple of years, he has probably been the least impressive.

I think the Power would pick him and give him a shot

Playing from the bench and then forward pocked, 10 touches a game ain't bad by any stretch.

Greenwood plays in the middle so he has ample opportunity to get possessions. Getting the ball hasn't been Levi's issue anyway, it's when he gets it and what happens from there that has shown him up to this point.

So? Who cares about posessions, its almost meaningless in todays game

He'll come good, just needs to build on awareness and think a bit clearer when giving off the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

Back