AFL Player #24: Nick Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Decent finish for my boy .
7 kicks 4 handballs 3 marks 2 tackles 21 hit outs 2 clearance 6 inside 50 3 score involvements 71% kicking efficiency.
Ended up a good year for him with very good VFL form and some good AFL games once he got in.
8 games ended up being a good return for the young bloke.
Needs to have a really good pre season and still has to work on having more impact over the whole game. Has to show he really wants it.
Would give him a B for the season.

Decent finish for my boy .
7 kicks 4 handballs 3 marks 2 tackles 21 hit outs 2 clearance 6 inside 50 3 score involvements 71% kicking efficiency.
Ended up a good year for him with very good VFL form and some good AFL games once he got in.
8 games ended up being a good return for the young bloke.
Needs to have a really good pre season and still has to work on having more impact over the whole game. Has to show he really wants it.
Would give him a B for the season.
Just sucks we didn’t let him play major minutes every game since draper went down.
Huge fan of him, was only going to get better once he settled into afl level with opportunity

Sign him the **** up right now.

Along with Briggs and Luke Jackson he’s the most impressive young ruckman playing seniors at the moment.

Has tap craft, amazingly good on the deck, works hard, neat skills.
Competitive too
Couple of times he just jumped into Cameron to hit him and not allow a soft ruck contest

I'm sold on this kid. He is the future #1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

100%

If you’re not getting games in 21 goal losses and dominating VFL, absolutely ‘give up’ on that team and go somewhere you’ll get games if your form supports it
Yes, l would have liked to see him get more games too, but there is a huge difference between VFL and AFL rucks. This is another reason why ruckman take
longer to develop. Seasoned ruckman like Nankervis etc will just beat up on the young kid. Work hard, be patient and his time will come. No Phillips will help him
and Draper is injury prone so his opportunities will be there.

It’s the attitude of every player in the comp, but okay
Entitled? Bryan's form in the VFL wasn't anything too special. It certainly wasn't "dominating". He won the taps and did precious little around the ground. Physically he still has a level he needs to get to.

If the attitude is he has done enough and deserved a spot, then we are better off without him. The attitude should be to put in a pre season that makes him undroppable. But that's up to him, whatever thoughts or feelings we fans choose to project onto him really don't count for anything.

This critique of his character if he has decided to go elsewhere for greater opportunity is utterly mind-boggling. Who here would stay with their current employer, at a junior level and stuck behind senior colleagues with questionable performance, while other companies are actively headhunting you and offering you greater opportunity and salary to match? None. And neither should he. If we haven't clearly sold a future to him at the Dons where he is at least the #2 ruck and in line to play most games if his form warrants it, then he should follow his own interests. He doesn't owe Essendon anything.

This critique of his character if he has decided to go elsewhere for greater opportunity is utterly mind-boggling. Who here would stay with their current employer, at a junior level and stuck behind senior colleagues with questionable performance, while other companies are actively headhunting you and offering you greater opportunity and salary to match? None. And neither should he. If we haven't clearly sold a future to him at the Dons where he is at least the #2 ruck and in line to play most games if his form warrants it, then he should follow his own interests. He doesn't owe Essendon anything.
You want him to have played because he is "someone else". His form hasn't warranted selection nor was he physically completely ready. I'd prefer they keep him working hard and developing to be stronger without getting knocked around by mature AFL rucks.

There has been no critique of his character, it is a critique of the character of toys out of the cot supporters who are projecting their own feelings onto him as if they have any clue what is said between him and the coaches whatsoever.

Entitled? Bryan's form in the VFL wasn't anything too special. It certainly wasn't "dominating". He won the taps and did precious little around the ground. Physically he still has a level he needs to get to.

If the attitude is he has done enough and deserved a spot, then we are better off without him. The attitude should be to put in a pre season that makes him undroppable. But that's up to him, whatever thoughts or feelings we fans choose to project onto him really don't count for anything.

You don’t think he was dominating? In the VFL?

Pretty clear you just don’t like him

You don’t think he was dominating? In the VFL?

Pretty clear you just don’t like him
It's one thing to accumulate hit outs and another thing to dominate a game. He didn't dominate. And playing ruck in the VFL is a far cry from playing ruck at AFL level.

Me? I like him. I hope he has a big pre season and can challenge for the #1 spot. The fact he only got a taste hopefully tells him it's not going to just happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #24: Nick Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back