AFL Player #24: Nick Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has to keep playing and we simply have to hold him to next years contract. Not the finished product and may never be but he is better than the scraps available .

Has to keep playing and we simply have to hold him to next years contract. Not the finished product and may never be but he is better than the scraps available .
It is going to be an interesting trade period. There is some interest in Draper from SA as well.

It is going to be an interesting trade period. There is some interest in Draper from SA as well.
They simply have to hold unless the offer is too good.

Anyone else think the addition of Goldstein has really improved the actual tap craft of Bryan and Draper as well?

Been a good addition, Bryan has really taken strides this year and looks the part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m hoping the taste in the back end of the year and an indication that he plays most weeks next year keeps him at the club but he is frustrated and wants more opportunity. There is also a rumour that Draper is looking at an offer from SA as well.

I would laugh my arse off if we are just left with Goldy.

I think he will definitely explore his options.
He has done OK against Witts and now Grundy.

He is exploring his options and is a big chance to ask for a trade.
playing alongside Draper and appearing to play as much ruck as SD should mean we hold him to his contract and he does play 18+ games next year. Could feasibly fight with and push out draper for the #1 ruck spot if he continues to improve.

I’m hoping the taste in the back end of the year and an indication that he plays most weeks next year keeps him at the club but he is frustrated and wants more opportunity. There is also a rumour that Draper is looking at an offer from SA as well.

I would laugh my arse off if we are just left with Goldy.
Would seem an odd move to leave for more opportunity when he is now clearly in the best 22. He may have even moved ahead of Draper in the ruck pecking order with Draper taking the ruck/forward role.

Would seem an odd move to leave for more opportunity when he is now clearly in the best 22. He may have even moved ahead of Draper in the ruck pecking order with Draper taking the ruck/forward role.
Maybe now but he wasn’t getting a regular game a few weeks ago. We’ll see… there is a fair bit of interest i.e offers in front of him.

Maybe now but he wasn’t getting a regular game a few weeks ago. We’ll see… there is a fair bit of interest i.e offers in front of him.
Without knowing the details of the offers it doesn't surprise me and wouldn't surprise if there is more money than what we currently have him signed up for. Might be a case of renegotiating/extending the contract early to match his new standing in the team. The opportunity is now clearly there. He is in the team as the ruckman and its not due to injury to anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #24: Nick Bryan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back