Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree Big H, Taz is very important to our forward line structure, teams have to play their 1st or 2nd defender on him. I'm glad he finally found his kicking boots again...

Speaking of kicking how freaking good was the Mckenzie kick to him, absolutely sublime:eek:

Good effort by Taz to work his way into the game and slot 3 and clock a hard earned double figure possession count in a half. It's been a tough period for the bloke but today's second half effort will go some way to helping him out of it.

He laid 1 tackle for the first quarter and a half and could of dropped away dramatically but this is why some stats are bullshit.
The amount of running this bloke does leading up the wing and back, creating space behind him for Patch and Boomer to work into and allowing Pony and Dish to have 1 on 1 contests, seriously its ****in priceless.
Maj doesnt have the tank yet nor the footy smarts to perform the 3rd tall role like Robbie.
So when Taz has a goalless day its probably because hes ****ing spent and his 2 mates have had big games.

He laid 1 tackle for the first quarter and a half and could of dropped away dramatically but this is why some stats are bullshit.
The amount of running this bloke does leading up the wing and back, creating space behind him for Patch and Boomer to work into and allowing Pony and Dish to have 1 on 1 contests, seriously its ****in priceless.
Maj doesnt have the tank yet nor the footy smarts to perform the 3rd tall role like Robbie.
So when Taz has a goalless day its probably because hes ******* spent and his 2 mates have had big games.

Good post tazaa. For those who watch and understand the game can see the amount of work he does and how he is more valuable to the team than just marks and goals.

Like I said in another thread in the past. He will be a better player than his brother Chris was.

He is a long way behind Chris at the same stages in their careers. Chris moved far better than Robbie and has better hands, but was not as big of course.

He would need to improve dramatically. It would be a very nice surprise if you are correct.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a long way behind Chris at the same stages in their careers. Chris moved far better than Robbie and has better hands, but was not as big of course.

He would need to improve dramatically. It would be a very nice surprise if you are correct.

You might as well consider Robbie two years behind where Chris was, due to the shoulder reconstructions.

what annoys me is he gets moved easily and doesnt hold his ground. you would think he was 70kg...
but i acknowledge his hard running. **** he runs hard.

He's good when he's moving. He attacks the ball hard. But one-on-one and side-by-side I reckon David Hale could outmark him.

You might as well consider Robbie two years behind where Chris was, due to the shoulder reconstructions.

Excuses only go so far. His shoulder problems don't, for example, account for his lack of agility or ground level ability.

Time for Robbie to stand up. My opinion of both players stands for now. Again, hope he can become that star people keep expressing, rather than a role player which I think he will be, in future.

Excuses only go so far. His shoulder problems don't, for example, account for his lack of agility or ground level ability.

Time for Robbie to stand up. My opinion of both players stands for now. Again, hope he can become that star people keep expressing, rather than a role player which I think he will be, in future.

Honestly I think he's fine at ground level. That's never been a criticism I've seen much legitimacy in.

I'd like for Robbie and Black to rack up some time goal kicking, they have been missing dead sitters by a country mile, I just think they need to sharpen up and finish the season on a high rather than take bad kicking form into the pre-season.

I'd like for Robbie and Black to rack up some time goal kicking, they have been missing dead sitters by a country mile, I just think they need to sharpen up and finish the season on a high rather than take bad kicking form into the pre-season.
Must be in their heads, they were fine earlier in the year.

5 Min into this 3rd quarter you comments have come back to bite you. I would love nothing more than Tarrant to prove me wrong and come good but sorry I just dont see it.

FYI I was critical of Hansen in the past. He is now being played to his strength which is loose and using his good endurance to float forward. Thats all I want guys to be played to their strengths and clearly Taz's strength is not in the forward line.
He went back.....struggled, went forward did ok then went back again. Hansen was nearly out the door for most us here........and he had played more than double of Tarrant. The lump of the lad has to get his time on the park before judgement is made. Yes I get frustrated too, but then he show you that he has what it takes. Even Thomas had his woes but fought through them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back