Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Love that winning feeling, of waiting for 4 years for someone to come good so that everyone else is proved wrong.

Ahh that winning feeling. Don't worry about the 4 years of rubbish in between - we don't need to be any good as a team in that time. It's all about empowering our players to embark on personal journeys, and to be given whole seasons at the NMFC to become good footballers.

We are the moral guardians of peoples' plights to get better at football. What's that? Can't mark or kick yet? Never mind - you are big. You may stand in the forward 50 and spiritually grow. We will finish a glorious tenth in the process of your personal journey.

This topic reminds me of "let's trade Thomas" back in 2011. Can't wait to bump this in two years and laugh at you fools.
Seriously. If you're happy for mediocore footballer who don't have the attributes to succeed at AFL level and will never have the attributes playing in our team week after week then the obvious conclusion is that you're a North Melbourne fan who likes watching the side lose.

just re watched the tape. go on do the same. our forwards were competing against an extra on or two defenders all day.

But they competed, they bring the ball to ground every time you know where its going. With an extra defender on your arse you arent going to mark everything that comes in. Smarter ball use would have helped, and Lindsay getting off his arse and actually playing his role in the team would have too. We had no crumbers and they got the rewards. The amount of times Taz got up and contested then pressured at ground level was good yesterday. If you cannot see the ability of a big fella to hit the deck tackle and give off handballs as well as pushing hard up the ground and competing I cant take your opinion seriously.

Why haven't you "bundled" this thread along with that Goldy thread into that Mega Merged trade thread of yours which for some strange reason also had the Scotty Mac signed to 2015 thread? :stern look

Would you like me to?

Seems to drive some a bit crazy when I do that though. Some also seem to have trouble letting go of once were threads.

Gees mate, be careful.

You risk the wrath of those who see Tarrant (regardless of ability) and will hammer you purely for having a different view. But yep, lock him in along with Wright and so on to stop all the poaching clubs for our duds..... o_O

I know what your mean Saintly,

But lets be honest....

We had so much to play for yesterday. In all honesty, Adelaide are a sh1t team. They have no real stars. We had so much to gain. And in that last quarter, when our season was on the line, who stood up ? NO ONE.

JMac does struggle because he lacks pace, Tarrant goes through long patches of the game with zero influence, Wright (enough said)....midfielders/forwards refuse to work hard defending, when the ball is going the other way.

This happened yesterday, as it happened all year...

I could go on and on, but I wont for fear that I may offend others, who are still in awe of the great game Tarrant played yesterday....!:rolleyes:

And our future 2016 Premiership coach : Brad Scott, (as many on here believe), why drop McKenzie a south aussie boy - midfielder to bring in a first gamer - 18yo, to play in a hostile environment interstate ?

What was the point of that ?

I could go on and on, but I wont for fear that I may offend others, who are still in awe of the great game Tarrant played yesterday....!:rolleyes:

Try and find one person who said Tarrant played a great game. I think everyone agrees that his game yesterday was below par, the disagreement seems to be that some people want him traded out of the club because of it.

Tarrent doesn't have much ceiling, he will never be a star or even approach Petrie's best level, he is nothing more then a battling try hard. I seriously think we should look in trading him if the value is right, we have enough talls and Black and Daw have more potential to grow and are younger.
I agree.........swap him for Yarran, Goldy for (pick 1,Tom Boyd)..........and poach Bellchambers from the scum

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree.........swap him for Yarran, Goldy for (pick 1,Tom Boyd)..........and poach Bellchambers from the scum
yarran not sure about.....goldy for pick one I have no oproblem with this at all. no need to deal with the scum play friggin currie and lets have a look.

yarran not sure about.....goldy for pick one I have no oproblem with this at all. no need to deal with the scum play friggin currie and lets have a look.
There are 4 maybe more Ruckmen evaluating their future at other clubs........Bellchambers is one of them. He is actually one Ruckmen who can go forward and actually contest in the air for a mark.........but for some, ex-basketballers that can jump and contest in a ruck duel is only required.

I'd certainly do the Tarrant/Yarran deal, current mental issues with the latter or otherwise - if he was on his game then plenty of upside and suits what we need.

No way we would get pick 1 for Goldstein Ozzy. Would need at least another player or a high pick thrown in.

I'd certainly do the Tarrant/Yarran deal, current mental issues with the latter or otherwise - if he was on his game then plenty of upside and suits what we need.

No way we would get pick 1 for Goldstein Ozzy. Would need at least another player or a high pick thrown in.
But if it were possible.........GWS are asking for a top 5 ruck man.

But they competed, they bring the ball to ground every time you know where its going. With an extra defender on your arse you arent going to mark everything that comes in. Smarter ball use would have helped, and Lindsay getting off his arse and actually playing his role in the team would have too. We had no crumbers and they got the rewards. The amount of times Taz got up and contested then pressured at ground level was good yesterday. If you cannot see the ability of a big fella to hit the deck tackle and give off handballs as well as pushing hard up the ground and competing I cant take your opinion seriously.
Agree with that. His hands are like stone, but he is a man mountain in the contests.

Apart from his marking I think he has the tools to compete at the top level.

Personally I think he should be tried at FB. I would back him in a 1v1 vs the likes of Tippet or Hawkins, over Grima or Delaney any day of the week.

I can't see him working out long term as a forward with his weak hands though, once Petrie goes, he will be getting better defenders and it's only going to get harder from there.

I can't see him working out long term as a forward with his weak hands though, once Petrie goes, he will be getting better defenders and it's only going to get harder from there.

Its a confidence thing.

Some days Drew plucks that first one and you know he is on.

The other things that he brings to the table are what you look at in a KPF and go yep, beauty he's hitting the deck, applying pressure, tackling and chasing. Once that confidence is there those hands are solid and then everyone goes oh shit, this bloke can play!

Agree with that. His hands are like stone, but he is a man mountain in the contests.

Apart from his marking I think he has the tools to compete at the top level.

Personally I think he should be tried at FB. I would back him in a 1v1 vs the likes of Tippet or Hawkins, over Grima or Delaney any day of the week.

The worst part of Tarrants game is not his hands (even though I agree they are concrete at times). It is ability to judge the ball in flight and use his body to advantage which is where he routinely gets towelled up. As such I can't see him making it as a backman, perfect size or otherwise.

If he is to make it in my view it is as a workhorse who continues to present, takes a big bodied defender, and takes pressure off other forwards.

But still, I respect your opinion and guess we won't know for sure until (if) it happens.

The worst part of Tarrants game is not his hands (even though I agree they are concrete at times). It is ability to judge the ball in flight and use his body to advantage which is where he routinely gets towelled up. As such I can't see him making it as a backman, perfect size or otherwise.

http://www.afl.com.au/video/smart-replay

Set it to contested mark and have a look at the third quarter.

Absolutely smokes Rutten in body movement and judgement of the footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Back