Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
He picks and chooses his logic depending on who he's talking to.

No one has shown me that you can sign a new deal and have it immediately take effect, and until they do I'll maintain new deals take effect the following season. Would leave lists hugely open to manipulation otherwise.
AFL player contracts for the year expire on the 31st October, so I guess if we did trade Parker and wanted to restructure Chad Warner's contract, we will have just over 2 weeks to get it done. The club can "bin" the final year of his current contract and have him sign an extension and will mean his new deal will start on the 1st November

AFL player contracts for the year expire on the 31st October, so I guess if we did trade Parker and wanted to restructure Chad Warner's contract, we will have just over 2 weeks to get it done. The club can "bin" the final year of his current contract and have him sign an extension and will mean his new deal will start on the 1st November
Yep, but I bet you anything it doesn't happen. I'll have lots of egg on my face if it does, but we'll see.

This is so weird. I give up.

You are probably right. If we don't trade Parker, we are going to exceed the salary cap and get fined and lose premiership points and lose draft picks. It's going to be an absolute catastrophe when it all comes out.

Tomorrow is an important day because if we don't trade Parker, we are stuffed.
Sarcasm font

Would you though?
If I were Chad or the Swans?

If I'm a 23 year old kid who can nearly triple my salary and stick around in a premiership window for another year before heading home still in my prime to play for a team on the rise, sign me up.

If I'm the Swans, we get an extra year of a gun player while we're in the window and who knows if we can change his mind.

Would I specifically clear out a club legend for the sole purpose of getting that extra year? That's an extremely tough call.

This is so weird. I give up.

You are probably right. If we don't trade Parker, we are going to exceed the salary cap and get fined and lose premiership points and lose draft picks. It's going to be an absolute catastrophe when it all comes out.

Tomorrow is an important day because if we don't trade Parker, we are stuffed.
I find it funny, we’re always over or near the salary cap despite rarely being active in the trading period but the likes of Geelong, Port Adelaide and Brisbane who get multiple players each year are never even close to breaking their salary caps? Makes you wonder 🤣 🤔

If I'm a 23 year old kid who can nearly triple my salary and stick around in a premiership window for another year before heading home still in my prime to play for a team on the rise, sign me up.

If I'm the Swans, we get an extra year of a gun player while we're in the window and who knows if we can change his mind.

Would I specifically clear out a club legend for the sole purpose of getting that extra year? That's an extremely tough call.
When you get that blank sheet of paper and draw a line down the middle. You put the two headings FOR and AGAINST at the top of each column. Then you list the reasons to keep him or not for an extra year.

You total each column but give weighting to the important items in each column.

Winning a flag in the FOR column makes the decision for you it is so highly weighted.

That is what you do when you have an important decision in life. Whether you do it physically with a piece of paper or mentally in your mind.

The decision becomes easier.

Triple? How much do you think Warner's on at the moment?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I find it funny, we’re always over or near the salary cap despite rarely being active in the trading period but the likes of Geelong, Port Adelaide and Brisbane who get multiple players each year are never even close to breaking their salary caps? Makes you wonder 🤣 🤔

How much more expensive do you think it is to live in Sydney compared to the areas you mentioned? That should give you your answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back