Traded #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on?
Are you blind? Sorry if you are.

Rampe has been playing undersized for his whole career. He has defended the biggest monster forwards despite being 10-15cm shorter. Week in week out.
He has been the best goalkeeper(sorry Bedders) the Swans have ever had. his ability to mark his man and move off to thwart goals. His pace is legendary. His closing speed to intercept, and negate incursions into the Swans defensive area is just expected he is that good.
His mentoring of players is legendary. Players needing a word, a pat on the back, a word of confidence is widely known.
His speech at one of the season ending gala knights on resilience was so profound. The words he spoke were genuine and tear emitting. He spoke of the bloods culture and the true meaning of being a Swan.

The man is a living, living legend of the Swans both by words and deeds.

It brings tears to my eyes when I have to write about this man. He has done it all and still at an advanced age is still guaranteed a spot in the 22. No player ever at the Swans has ever made me shed more tears as this man when I think about how hard at it he is, how he tries his guts out, plays on monsters mostly taller than him, is caring about his teammates. He is a true blood in every sense.

He is a living legend.

Are you blind? Sorry if you are.

Rampe has been playing undersized for his whole career. He has defended the biggest monster forwards despite being 10-15cm shorter. Week in week out.
He has been the best goalkeeper(sorry Bedders) the Swans have ever had. his ability to mark his man and move off to thwart goals. His pace is legendary. His closing speed to intercept, and negate incursions into the Swans defensive area is just expected he is that good.
His mentoring of players is legendary. Players needing a word, a pat on the back, a word of confidence is widely known.
His speech at one of the season ending gala knights on resilience was so profound. The words he spoke were genuine and tear emitting. He spoke of the bloods culture and the true meaning of being a Swan.

The man is a living, living legend of the Swans both by words and deeds.

It brings tears to my eyes when I have to write about this man. He has done it all and still at an advanced age is still guaranteed a spot in the 22. No player ever at the Swans has ever made me shed more tears as this man when I think about how hard at it he is, how he tries his guts out, plays on monsters mostly taller than him, is caring about his teammates. He is a true blood in every sense.

He is a living legend.
Trying to form a compelling argument by starting with abuse isn't a good strategy.

Rampe is too content with mediocrity to embody Bloods culture. Next.

Trying to form a compelling argument by starting with abuse isn't a good strategy.

Rampe is too content with mediocrity to embody Bloods culture. Next.
Bloods culture is dead. What was left of it walked out the door with Luke.

Bloods culture is dead. What was left of it walked out the door with Luke.
Whatever the current state of the Bloods Culture it can be resurrected with leadership and effort, a dash of honesty and a whack of trust. Culture goes up and down and never stays constant.
We shall see how these guys react (including coaches) and what comes of it.

Guys, this ain't the time or place for an argument....

LP, we are so sad it has ended. I just wish that you could have won a second flag where you started the granny, alas it wasn't to be.

Thank you to a Bloods legend. You will be sorely missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back