Traded #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

d05af3810baa11138a15ef8d759b18c8

Luke Parker
Luke Parker has plenty of football ahead and has already compiled a resume packed with impressive achievements. Since landing at the Sydney Swans via the 2010 AFL Draft, he has won a 2012 premiership medal, earned All Australian selection and won two Bob Skilton medals. In 2015, he was added to the club’s leadership group at the age of just 22, and has led the team as a co-captain alongside Josh Kennedy and Dane Rampe since 2019. While Parker is among the league’s elite midfielders, his strong marking and expert game awareness make him a genuine threat when rotating through the forward line.

Luke Parker
DOB: 25 October 1992
DEBUT: 2011
DRAFT: #40, 2010 National Draft
RECRUITED FROM: Langwarrin (Vic)/Dandenong U18

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you blind? Sorry if you are.

Rampe has been playing undersized for his whole career. He has defended the biggest monster forwards despite being 10-15cm shorter. Week in week out.
He has been the best goalkeeper(sorry Bedders) the Swans have ever had. his ability to mark his man and move off to thwart goals. His pace is legendary. His closing speed to intercept, and negate incursions into the Swans defensive area is just expected he is that good.
His mentoring of players is legendary. Players needing a word, a pat on the back, a word of confidence is widely known.
His speech at one of the season ending gala knights on resilience was so profound. The words he spoke were genuine and tear emitting. He spoke of the bloods culture and the true meaning of being a Swan.

The man is a living, living legend of the Swans both by words and deeds.

It brings tears to my eyes when I have to write about this man. He has done it all and still at an advanced age is still guaranteed a spot in the 22. No player ever at the Swans has ever made me shed more tears as this man when I think about how hard at it he is, how he tries his guts out, plays on monsters mostly taller than him, is caring about his teammates. He is a true blood in every sense.

He is a living legend.
Trying to form a compelling argument by starting with abuse isn't a good strategy.

Rampe is too content with mediocrity to embody Bloods culture. Next.

Trying to form a compelling argument by starting with abuse isn't a good strategy.

Rampe is too content with mediocrity to embody Bloods culture. Next.
Bloods culture is dead. What was left of it walked out the door with Luke.

Bloods culture is dead. What was left of it walked out the door with Luke.
Whatever the current state of the Bloods Culture it can be resurrected with leadership and effort, a dash of honesty and a whack of trust. Culture goes up and down and never stays constant.
We shall see how these guys react (including coaches) and what comes of it.

Guys, this ain't the time or place for an argument....

LP, we are so sad it has ended. I just wish that you could have won a second flag where you started the granny, alas it wasn't to be.

Thank you to a Bloods legend. You will be sorely missed.

Did not address any points in my argument except flippant opening.

Avoids arguments with substance.

Lightweight poster.

Conclusion: Avoid.
Gee I'm sorry I struck a nerve with your Rampe love in but this response and your initial one were way over the top for what I said.

He's a light weight player who goes missing in big games and then talks around it. He's a good player but he doesn't exemplify bloods culture. I'm sorry if that offends you.

Gee I'm sorry I struck a nerve with your Rampe love in but this response and your initial one were way over the top for what I said.

He's a light weight player who goes missing in big games and then talks around it. He's a good player but he doesn't exemplify bloods culture. I'm sorry if that offends you.
You contradict yourself.
You say he is a light weight (I think you meant lightweight) player then in the next sentence you say He's a good player.

Light weight means not heavy. Are you saying he needs to put on weight.

I accused you of being a lightweight poster which infers you don't post with content that has substance. You reused that word lightweight but typed it as light weight thereby showing your ignorance of the English language.

Your posting, I reiterate is lightweight.

Bagging Rampe and saying he does not epitomize the bloods culture. I reckon plenty in the Swans playing group would disagree with your comments.

You contradict yourself.
You say he is a light weight (I think you meant lightweight) player then in the next sentence you say He's a good player.

I accused you of being a lightweight poster which infers you don't post with content that has substance. You reused that word lightweight but typed it as light weight thereby showing your ignorance of the English language.

Bagging Rampe and saying he does not epitomize the bloods culture. I reckon plenty in the Swans playing group would disagree with your comments.
Tbf I think the playing group don’t understand the bloods culture , the way they keep humiliating themselves , the club and us fans is pathetic.

If they think they are living bloods culture , that’s the start of the problems right there. Couldn’t be further away from it

Tbf I think the playing group don’t understand the bloods culture , the way they keep humiliating themselves , the club and us fans is pathetic.

If they think they are living bloods culture , that’s the start of the problems right there. Couldn’t be further away from it
And you are an expert at it.

Hehe Laughable.

What’s laughable is posters sticking up for these current weak pea hearts.
What's laughable is posters thinking they know what culture is and they behave with the opposite values in bagging the club at the very time they should be sticking up for the club. These posters exibit the opposite values of bloods culture and at the same time lament the loss of the bloods culture.

Maybe these posters see the pattern of losing in themselves. You know the best way for these types of posters to feel good about themselves is to bring others down to their level.

What's laughable is posters thinking they know what culture is and they behave with the opposite values in bagging the club at the very time they should be sticking up for the club. These posters exibit the opposite values of bloods culture and at the same time lament the loss of the bloods culture.

Maybe these posters see the pattern of losing in themselves. You know the best way for these types of posters to feel good about themselves is to bring others down to their level.
What is there to stick up for ? Choking in finals is what gws did this year. For the second consecutive time our club was uncompetitive to the point of humiliation. The players, coaches etc are frightened on gf day. Tell me more about that bloods culture oozing out of the club .

Paul Roos 2005-2006 was far less talented and they would mentally, physically and emotionally break the current lineup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is there to stick up for ? Choking in finals is what gws did this year. For the second consecutive time our club was uncompetitive to the point of humiliation. The players, coaches etc are frightened on gf day. Tell me more about that bloods culture oozing out of the club .

Paul Roos 2005-2006 was far less talented and they would mentally, physically and emotionally break the current lineup
Just what I said. You will not stick by your club. You have no solutions. You are not a solution focussed supporter. You just bag the club at every opportunity because a free bag is easy. You are the type of supporter that takes the easy road. Bag people when they are down. That is not epitomizing bloods spirit.

Keep bagging the club when they are down. Take the easy road. Weak pea hearts is what you called the players and you are exibiting those traits. You seem to know what weak pea heart id all about. Bag people when they are dowm.

I think I posted earlier in this or another thread that losing does not define you. It is what you do to rectify that losing that defines you.

You could not rectify your own a*rse to save yourself.

You don't know the meaning of bloods culture. You think you do and that gives you false confidence.

Just what I said. You will not stick by your club. You have no solutions. You are not a solution focussed supporter. You just bag the club at every opportunity because a free bag is easy. You are the type of supporter that takes the easy road. Bag people when they are down. That is not epitomizing bloods spirit.

Keep bagging the club when they are down. Take the easy road. Weak pea hearts is what you called the players and you are exibiting those traits. You seem to know what weak pea heart id all about. Bag people when they are dowm.

I think I posted earlier in this or another thread that losing does not define you. It is what you do to rectify that losing that defines you.

You could not rectify your own a*rse to save yourself.

You don't know the meaning of bloods culture. You think you do and that gives you false confidence.
You don’t think the club is being defined by its grand final capitulations? Wow.

The main problem with the club is much like its fan base. Too many happy clappers who just blindly accept what’s given to them as long as they get to wave their red and white Pom poms.

People keep bagging posters , saying you offer no solutions. Yet blindly disregard any solutions presented to them. There is large portion of this board that wants John terminated immediately, as in his stuff thrown out of the club right now. That’s a solution.

People want the club to be more aggressive in list management , that’s a solution.

People want mills stripped of the captaincy, that’s a solution.

People want the club to trade Warner for maximum value this year instead of copping a laughable pick next year (which we know is going to happen). That’s a solution

You contradict yourself.

Rusty I was on my phone and it autocorrected to two words. If you're going to start playing the grammar card after some already reasonably abusive comments directed towards me, then you're not engaging in this discussion in good faith and it can end here.

He's lightweight because he goes to water in big games - Grand Finals - but is a good player otherwise. He's lightweight because he handwaves his and the teams' performances after the fact and doesn't take any learnings or take any ownership of his own preparation or performance. He's lightweight because he's now played in multiple Grand Finals and as a leader of the club has not applied any learnings and has disrespected the fan base over and over.

Similar could be said of Heeney (not performing in GFs) who I also don't think is a 'Blood' in the context it was being used in this thread to describe Parker as the last of the Bloods.

That's fine they can disagree with me but after their performances and comments about said GF performances I think a fair case can be made that the majority of the playing group is deluded about their own ability/standing in the game and at this club. You going on a multi-post rant about how much Rampe makes you cry and how much he means to you is not of any substance either. So rather than playing the poster because I upset you about your favourite player, either engage in a discussion of substance or piss off.

You don’t think the club is being defined by its grand final capitulations? Wow.

The main problem with the club is much like its fan base. Too many happy clappers who just blindly accept what’s given to them as long as they get to wave their red and white Pom poms.

People keep bagging posters , saying you offer no solutions. Yet blindly disregard any solutions presented to them. There is large portion of this board that wants John terminated immediately, as in his stuff thrown out of the club right now. That’s a solution.

People want the club to be more aggressive in list management , that’s a solution.

People want mills stripped of the captaincy, that’s a solution.

People want the club to trade Warner for maximum value this year instead of copping a laughable pick next year (which we know is going to happen). That’s a solution
I think if the club came out and won the GF next year then it would go a long way to alleviate the past GF misses. So yeah I don't think the club is being defined by its GF losses for those that look ahead with positivity.

Your view of our problems
1. Too many happy clappers that blindly accept what's given to them

Your view of solutions
1. Terminate John Longmire and throw his stuff out of the club right now.
2. Be more aggressive in list management. BTW no specific mentioned.
3. Strip Mills of the captaincy.
4. Trade Warner this year (probably against his wishes.

So we have no coach.
We are more aggressive in list management. Whatever that means.
We have no captain.
We disenfranchise one of our best players in Warner(not to mention the playing group).

You still have not understood my previous posts. Where are the positive solutions. All of yours are negative. You don't get positive change from negative solutions.

I reiterate. You are not defined by your mistakes but by your actions to rectify those mistakes.

Your solutions have no positive affect on the club or the team. You are negative.

I reiterate. You could not rectify your own a*se to save yourself.

Rusty I was on my phone and it autocorrected to two words. If you're going to start playing the grammar card after some already reasonably abusive comments directed towards me, then you're not engaging in this discussion in good faith and it can end here.

He's lightweight because he goes to water in big games - Grand Finals - but is a good player otherwise. He's lightweight because he handwaves his and the teams' performances after the fact and doesn't take any learnings or take any ownership of his own preparation or performance. He's lightweight because he's now played in multiple Grand Finals and as a leader of the club has not applied any learnings and has disrespected the fan base over and over.

Similar could be said of Heeney (not performing in GFs) who I also don't think is a 'Blood' in the context it was being used in this thread to describe Parker as the last of the Bloods.

That's fine they can disagree with me but after their performances and comments about said GF performances I think a fair case can be made that the majority of the playing group is deluded about their own ability/standing in the game and at this club. You going on a multi-post rant about how much Rampe makes you cry and how much he means to you is not of any substance either. So rather than playing the poster because I upset you about your favourite player, either engage in a discussion of substance or piss off.
You were the one that would not engage initially. Go back and read your initial response. So you can engage thoughtfully or piss off yourself.

I think if the club came out and won the GF next year then it would go a long way to alleviate the past GF misses. So yeah I don't think the club is being defined by its GF losses for those that look ahead with positivity.

Your view of our problems
1. Too many happy clappers that blindly accept what's given to them

Your view of solutions
1. Terminate John Longmire and throw his stuff out of the club right now.
2. Be more aggressive in list management. BTW no specific mentioned.
3. Strip Mills of the captaincy.
4. Trade Warner this year (probably against his wishes.

So we have no coach.
We are more aggressive in list management. Whatever that means.
We have no captain.
We disenfranchise one of our best players in Warner(not to mention the playing group).

You still have not understood my previous posts. Where are the positive solutions. All of yours are negative. You don't get positive change from negative solutions.

I reiterate. You are not defined by your mistakes but by your actions to rectify those mistakes.

Your solutions have no positive affect on the club or the team. You are negative.

I reiterate. You could not rectify your own a*se to save yourself.
The word if is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence. The fact is as we stand here today the club and players are defined by their performances in the 22 and 24 GFs. That is a fact. You can play the hypothetical game all you want about what might come next, but this is fact as we sit/stand here today.

We understand your posts plenty, you are happy to play the man and pot other posters because you don't agree with their views on the Swans. You play the grammar card and bring out the ad hominem attacks because we just don't 'get it'. I think we get it more than you do.

You were the one that would not engage initially. Go back and read your initial response. So you can engage thoughtfully or piss off yourself.

My initial response where I said "Nah" to someone who said "Rampe?" after I said "Yeah good shout" when someone said "Rowbottom?". Yeah gee sorry I didn't write a 1000 thesis on why Rampe doesn't embody the Bloods culture. I'm sorry that didn't meet your threshold for discourse, but you can go back to giggling behind your monitor about grammar errors if you want.

The word if is doing a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence. The fact is as we stand here today the club and players are defined by their performances in the 22 and 24 GFs. That is a fact. You can play the hypothetical game all you want about what might come next, but this is fact as we sit/stand here today.

We understand your posts plenty, you are happy to play the man and pot other posters because you don't agree with their views on the Swans. You play the grammar card and bring out the ad hominem attacks because we just don't 'get it'. I think we get it more than you do.
I think I was called a happy clapper. If other posters can play the man so can I.

The fact that you think you get it is in your mind. Again. Bag the club. It is easy. What are the positive solutions. All I have heard is no bloods culture and a bunch of inane negative solutions to the clubs fortunes.

I am happy to engage in positive discussions with positive solutions.

You and your wingman are full of negative nonsense. If your were part of the inquiry as to why and the way forward, the club would have to go in reverse and back down the street.

i am for positive change. Until you or your wingman come up with positive solutions, I reinterate that you are a lightweight poster and he could not rectify his own a*se to save himself.

I think I was called a happy clapper. If other posters can play the man so can I.

The fact that you think you get it is in your mind. Again. Bag the club. It is easy. What are the positive solutions. All I have heard is no bloods culture and a bunch of inane negative solutions to the clubs fortunes.

I am happy to engage in positive discussions with positive solutions.

You and your wingman are full of negative nonsense. If your were part of the inquiry as to why and the way forward, the club would have to go in reverse and back down the street.

i am for positive change. Until you or your wingman come up with positive solutions, I reinterate that you are a lightweight poster and he could not rectify his own a*se to save himself.
I don't recall calling you a happy clapper.

Check with your wingman.

I have no idea who that is.

It also doesn't excuse you making personal comments about me when I haven't done anything of the sort to you.

I get this is an emotive issue, but reign it in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Traded #26 Luke Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Back