AFL Player #28: Xavier Duursma 🏹 - Hamstring - 3 to 4 weeks - 5/8

Archery or no archery?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the last qtr again (day off work 😁) and you can see the exact moment he went down. The cameras left him quickly so it wasn’t obvious. With 4 mins left in the clock he was desperately chasing down a Freo player on their 50 and he looked buggered as he lunged. A fatigued over-stretch would suggest a spell on the sidelines sadly ☹️

So if Duursma is out does that mean we bring in Tsatas or Setterfield to play on the wing?
Hope not. Move Durham and Martin to the wings. Play Cox on a flank . Play Hobbs or Setterfield in the midfield. Let Tsatas keep developing in the VFL.

Let's face it. This injury is enough to plant the seed of doubt about Duurs' durability.
Quad
PCL
Knee ligament
Hamstring
Neck
Shoulder
Concussion
Collar bone

These are just the ones I've found.
I don't imagine he gets through next season without something serious again.

Let's face it. This injury is enough to plant the seed of doubt about Duurs' durability.
Quad
PCL
Knee ligament
Hamstring
Neck
Shoulder
Concussion
Collar bone

These are just the ones I've found.
I don't imagine he gets through next season without something serious again.
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Good first season with the club.
We may have found two wingers in duursma and roberts.
Martin has to play forward of centre I reckon and not on the wing.
Cox and jones should not be played on the wing again.
So, Cox is not a defender, or a wingman, or a forward…

I still think Cox can be a dominant wingman with a year or two more maturity. He’s shown glimpses in that role so all he needs is to have the physical development and the consistency. These are things that can come in your mid 20s when you’re 200cm. You’re basing your expectation on mid-sized wingmen.

So, evidently I think Cox should be played in the wing again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, Cox is not a defender, or a wingman, or a forward…

I still think Cox can be a dominant wingman with a year or two more maturity. He’s shown glimpses in that role so all he needs is to have the physical development and the consistency. These are things that can come in your mid 20s when you’re 200cm. You’re basing your expectation on mid-sized wingmen.

So, evidently I think Cox should be played in the wing again.
I doubt he’ll physically develop within 2 years. Maybe when he’s 26-27.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #28: Xavier Duursma 🏹 - Hamstring - 3 to 4 weeks - 5/8

Back