AFL Player #28: Xavier Duursma 🏹 - Hamstring - 3 to 4 weeks - 5/8

Archery or no archery?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this guy a fair and very honest competitor. A few Port supporters came on here when we got him and said he still had it but was cruelled by injury but thought he was going to come good with a bit of luck and change of scenery. The running power was evident from the beginning (noticed it against the Swans) On the first page an opposition supporter said he was smashing school athletic comps - we got an athlete and a footballer here BrunoV
Just been reading all the love duursma has been getting on here from you guys love it.

Was one of my favourites like I think I said earlier in the thread I love the hard workman type player and duursma will work hard for you guys.

I don’t necessarily understand why we insist on moving him off that wing and starting him at half forward or half back at times.

As far as I’m concerned he should own one side and never leave it, absolute no brainer to lock his position away and never think about it for the next 6 years. He’s ****ing awesome.

I don’t necessarily understand why we insist on moving him off that wing and starting him at half forward or half back at times.

As far as I’m concerned he should own one side and never leave it, absolute no brainer to lock his position away and never think about it for the next 6 years. He’s ****ing awesome.
I'd guess it's because we lack quality at both of those positions and we need him as backup.

I'd guess it's because we lack quality at both of those positions and we need him as backup.

Likely, we know Scott loves to Rob Peter to pay Paul.

It just seems like a really easy thing to lock away, and if you’ve got a problem at either end, there is cattle there that he has yet to go to, and I would say probably should have gone to.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tests to come on his hammy. Hope it was a corkie because he's legitimately one of the most important members of our team. Has a ridiculous work ethic and has some mongrel about him.
In Roberts' post-game interview you can see Duursma in the background talking to (I assume) his girlfriend, lots of shaking of the head and he looks pretty flat. Don't think it'll be good news.

In Roberts' post-game interview you can see Duursma in the background talking to (I assume) his girlfriend, lots of shaking of the head and he looks pretty flat. Don't think it'll be good news.
My ITK says she asked him if he reckoned they should have last night's spaghetti, and he said, "Ugh. Again. No, let's just get take away from somewhere.", so there is hope. He has awareness.

My ITK says she asked him if he reckoned they should have last night's spaghetti, and he said, "Ugh. Again. No, let's just get take away from somewhere.", so there is hope. He has awareness.
looked to be touching his nose, too, so make of that what you will.

So if Duursma is out does that mean we bring in Tsatas or Setterfield to play on the wing?

Picked possibly the 2 guys least equipped to play on a wing… maybe outside Goldstein haha.

I’d imagine it’d be other tinkering.

Martin and Roberts on the wings. Back to jones for a bit. Even back to Cox for a little bit. Hind for something different.

Picked possibly the 2 guys least equipped to play on a wing… maybe outside Goldstein haha.
friends telling GIF

How did we get Caldwell's hamstrings right? I used to worry every time he took the field that he'd ping a hammy again.

We need to find a way to get Duursma right. Send him to where Caldwell went, to where Max Rooke went, wherever. As long as it's above the line we need to do it. He's become that important in such a short amount of time.

How did we get Caldwell's hamstrings right? I used to worry every time he took the field that he'd ping a hammy again.

We need to find a way to get Duursma right. Send him to where Caldwell went, to where Max Rooke went, wherever. As long as it's above the line we need to do it. He's become that important in such a short amount of time.
Caldwell went and got surgery from memory. I guess it’s case by case

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #28: Xavier Duursma 🏹 - Hamstring - 3 to 4 weeks - 5/8

Back