Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Its a tough one. Whilst you would love to offer Boomer some sort of player official development / mentoring type role to leverage his loyalty /work ethic etc if the guy still has a burning desire to keep playing then what would you expect him to do?

"Denis I don't care if you're planning to do it in a few weeks, tell me right now if I'm getting another contract. I want to organise a farewell party with family and friends"
"yea no worries son, you can have the weekend off and celebrate it"

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Geez it has stiff competition...

49,50,74,76,78,79,83,93,94,97FFS,98, 2014 after we beat Sydney in Sydney.

1997 was the worst.... We walked into the ground round 1of 1997 as reigning premiers with the 2 best players in the competition... and both are carried off within an hour. Carey done for 14 weeks, McKernan knee.

I don't know about you but that took the jam outta my donut pretty quickly.

1983 was the worst. Minor premiers heading into the finals, out in straight sets by 40 and 86 points and avoided the spoon in 1984 by percentage.

"100% disagrees with Scott".

Done a paid interview on the Footy Show.....

Signs suggest he will be going on next year if he can find a club (which I think he will) - not sure how to feel about it, guess it's his right but I don't necessarily think it means our decision was wrong if he is picked up and plays good footy.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/no...t/news-story/15baf538d622eecfcdbd34756eff7419

**** me, if that report is true about being paid for an interview then to me it shows what sort of character he has.

Selfish, money hungry individual.

**** me, if that report is true about being paid for an interview then to me it shows what sort of character he has.

Selfish, money hungry individual.

Have to admit my first thoughts weren't great also.

Firstly to demand he know before end of season despite us having finals to come which created a massive distraction, now this sort of stuff to cause further drama when it's over and done with, it unfortunately suggests it's 'all about Boomer' (rightly or wrongly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Offensively he still has something to give defensively he's done.

Boom you're one of the greatest please don't ruin your legacy with a decision that might make you a feeding frenzy for the pond scum jurnos.

I dont know how a team can function when a few players get held to different standard defensively - pretty much why he isnt getting another year imo. Tbh its never been his strong suit, but today defense is offense.

I dont know how a team can function when a few players get held to different standard defensively - pretty much why he isnt getting another year imo. Tbh its never been his strong suit, but today defense is offense.

Sometimes I wonder about this.

Why do some players get held to a different standard offensively? If you are in the forward line, shouldn't you kick goals as well?

The problem with Boomer is that he can't accept that his time is up. North premiership window is closed. 3 clubs went passed them this year, (GWS, Adel, WB). Rebuild required. Can North be lucky enough to trade in undervalued players over the next couple of years.

Michael Tuck was told by the club his time was up and he was the premiership captain, so he went to Geelong and coached the Magoo's.

Sometimes I wonder about this.

Why do some players get held to a different standard offensively? If you are in the forward line, shouldn't you kick goals as well?

You don't think the recent delistings take a stab at that issue too?

You don't think the recent delistings take a stab at that issue too?

Yeah I get that.

Moreso thinking around the 'defensive small forward' who doesn't kick goals. They are lauded for being defensive.

But a purely attacking player gets hammered. In an ideal world, every player would be a two way player but that's never going to happen.

Yeah I get that.

Moreso thinking around the 'defensive small forward' who doesn't kick goals. They are lauded for being defensive.

But a purely attacking player gets hammered. In an ideal world, every player would be a two way player but that's never going to happen.

Yeah. Fair, I guess in the end most teams expect defense as the minimum. I know Waite is still up in the air officially but if he did stay you can see the argument. His first half of the year was the gold standard for a forward. Lots of goals and a massive amount of pressure.

I love Boomer but I don't think he will get a contract next year. His pressure as a small forward isn't at the level required anymore. People are saying he'd be a good fit at the Bulldogs obviously don't watch how they play. Only Richmond would fit his skill set.........

Remove this Banner Ad

Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back