Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think not playing Hansen or Delaney is dicing with danger here...

Think we may be getting a little cocky
5817436997_4eeb926a86_o.jpg

Going in top heavy against the Dogs is a fools game.

It's the run that has been killing them.
correct, but our structure has been perfect for the last 12 months and consistent but now we have to restructure by going in 1 KPP short than we have the first 6 rounds of this year and 2nd half of last year. Not saying it will make a huge difference but i would have preferred like for like swaps, anyway the structure will return normal next week when we get a fresh grima in for a small

correct, but our structure has been perfect for the last 12 months and consistent but now we have to restructure by going in 1 KPP short than we have the first 6 rounds of this year and 2nd half of last year. Not saying it will make a huge difference but i would have preferred like for like swaps, anyway the structure will return normal next week when we get a fresh grima in for a small

I will indeed be interested to see how we structure up but seeing WB only really have Liam Jones posing any sort of an aerial threat I think it makes sense. With their inclusions this week it seems to me they'll be going the mobile types up forward. Blokes like Dahlhous, Giansiracusa and maybe even a Johannisen running through there. Good match ups for Hines, Mullett and Atley.

I will indeed be interested to see how we structure up but seeing WB only really have Liam Jones posing any sort of an aerial threat I think it makes sense. With their inclusions this week it seems to me they'll be going the mobile types up forward. Blokes like Dahlhous, Giansiracusa and maybe even a Johannisen running through there. Good match ups for Hines, Mullett and Atley.
they will probably throw Austin and murphy along with jones and gia forward. They will have roughead, young, morris and markovic down back as KPD.
They have actually gone quite tall so we should exploit them by spreading and rebounding, should run all over them

they will probably throw Austin and murphy along with jones and gia forward. They will have roughead, young, morris and markovic down back as KPD.
They have actually gone quite tall so we should exploit them by spreading and rebounding

Don't think Austin has kicked more than a goal in his life so not too worried about him if they do throw him up there (or perhaps a nomination for the Ian Perrie award?). Bob Murphy definitely the one we have to worry about as he is the type most likely to do some damage though he hasn't been in the best of form for a long time now. I think McMahon will go to him and shouldn't have too much trouble.

So do we actually know what's wrong with Tarrant?

It was soreness at the start, but it's been what? coming up to a month of football he's missed.

Frustrating when the club just doesn't mention what's wrong, there's nothing wrong with him being injured.

Shoulders, knee's?
I think they're just giving Daw a run.

Will miss Grima.

Quietly building a nice season in the shadow of Thompson's glorious form.

Sounds like they're being careful and locking him in for the ducking cheat fiends.

The bulldogs are a bit of a threat here, and lets not take a win for granted.

Cooney has shown some form. Griffendor and Murphy back.

Boyd, Libba, Cross are no easy beats on the inside, but just quietly, Swallow, Jz and Cunnington should murder them.

We are a tall man down. Perhaps a return to our kamikaze run and overlap?

All being equal, should be a win for us.

But I am still nervous because of our unpredictability last season.

These are the games we MUST win if we want to go anywhere this season.

Going in top heavy against the Dogs is a fools game.

It's the run that has been killing them.

Bang. Spot on.

They don't have a tall forward line so Grima's "rest" is good timing as I can see him picking up Darling next week and doing the same job he did in Westhoff and run all over the ground on him. That's where Darling has killed us previously and I reckon Scott has identified this issue.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne FC@NorthKangaroos
2m

Scott: Lachie's fit and available but Blacky and Maj are keeping him out at the moment #NMFCMedia

In regards to Majak, it doesnt all come down to his output, I think a great deal of him keeping Lachie out of the side is his presence in the ruck, and allowing Goldy to have a decent break. It is not a coincidence that Goldy has been tearing it up.

For the person who asked, Markovic is a big oafish spud.

Lachie could come into CHB for Hine/Siera. Easy to play mind games when there's no VFL game to worry about for your emergencies/late exclusions. They've brought in Markovic and Murphy and only omitted smalls.

Petrie - Roughead
Daw - Markovic
Black - Young/Morris

Thompson - Jones
Firrito - Austin
McMahon - Murphy

The McMahon/Murphy matchup stands out a bit but I think it suits Loose reasonably well. If Lachie comes in then he goes to Austin, Spud to Murphy and Loose to Gia.

If we don't have any late changes then I expect Siera to be sub. We've taken out a defender (Grima) and added a mid/fwd (Harvey) so Hine may need to fill a spot in defence.

In regards to Majak, it doesnt all come down to his output, I think a great deal of him keeping Lachie out of the side is his presence in the ruck, and allowing Goldy to have a decent break. It is not a coincidence that Goldy has been tearing it up.

I don't reckon he would be in the side if we weren't playing WCE next week.

Boomer may wear the vest!

NORTH Melbourne hasn't yet decided whether to use returning veteran Brent Harvey as a substitute against the Western Bulldogs, but coach Brad Scott believes the prospect would pose headaches for opponents.

Harvey will play his first game of the season at Etihad Stadium in Saturday's twilight match after serving a six-match suspension incurred in last year's finals series.

Scott said the Kangaroos routinely decide on their substitute at the last minute but considers Harvey an option for the role.

"I think it'd be a nightmare for the opposition coach," he said at Aegis Park on Friday.

"If it were me in an opposition coach's shoes, I'd be worried about when he's going to come on and what we do about it ...

"I said last week we wouldn't do it because we wouldn't allow it but (even) in his 347th game he's still got to do what he's told. We'll do the best thing by the team there, and he's more than willing to do the best thing for us to win...

"'Boomer' has been saying for a long time that he'd be a perfect sub, but he's not prepared to do it until he's about 38 or 39."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-10/boomer-a-sub

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back