Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will genuinely cry when he walks out for the last time and says goodbye. A true legend of the game, a gentleman and just a great fella after meeting him a few times. He bleeds blue & white

Ive never seen him tackle so hard and lay as many shepherds, his 1%ers are also through the roof. Maybe its comments about leadership or downhill skying, either way its great to see. He often plays well, but for an all round package thats one of his very top shelf games. Great stuff Boomer!

I still get p****d off when he does his angry ant as much as he does - especially with his carryover points but that is because he is so bloody tremendous.

From game 301 in his career and excluding last night ( 57 games) he has got 25 + possessions 20 times, been held goalless only 9 times, kicked 3 or more goals 11 times, had 4 or more bounces in a game 16 times and had 45 goal assists.

Since game 350 however( ie only 7 games), and excluding last night, he has averaged about 24 possessions, kicked 9.3, had 33 inside 50s, had 48 contested possessions, had 21 bounces.

By way of comparison, Brad Johnson from games 351 to 364 of his career kicked 9 goals, topped 20 possessions twice, had 12 bounces. had 58 contested possessions, had 44 inside 50s.

Bottom line he's keeping his place on form - if only he wasn't so grumpy.....

Again the champ is getting scragged and beaten up by annoying ferret.
Who will fly the flag and hit back, hard but fair. Enough is enough
I found this absolutely agitating & it frustrated the hell out of me. We never protect our players being tagged well at all. Anytime someones near the opposition tagger they should go out of their way to physically put body on to tire them and help out Boomer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrapped to see Jacobs go in and give the old man a bit of a helping hand, it cost us a free, but to me it was great to see and should go along way to ensuring Ben gets a few more games.

I have not been a fan of Ben's since he got caught in the headlights a few times in rnd 1 and 2, that has all changed now.

Cunningtons the only one i've seen regularly step in when Boomers getting 'picked on'.

37 touches though, not the greatest night for the tagger.

he gets protection! we cant babysit him... Adams, Goldy Petrie, JZ, Tarrant they all get in there, too bad it cant be like the NHL were you have a designated Enforcer to smash up the blokes.....

one of those bloke you never want to see in anything but blue and white! hope if he does decides to coach its as an assistant with the mighty north melbourne football club

one of those bloke you never want to see in anything but blue and white! hope if he does decides to coach its as an assistant with the mighty north melbourne football club

This!! Id love to see Boomer in blue and white forever, sitting in the coaches box mentoring the young fellas. He truly does bleed blue and white.

How f***ing good was he last night, even more impressive is the way he adjusted his game to suit the team.

He knew that the run and carry was what was smashing the cats so he spent so much time being the link up man, sucking in opponents and then handpassing over the top.

His defensive efforts were first class, the sprint down the middle when Geelong were out was amazing!

His tackling and ferocity was right up all night.

Champion, love him!

How f***ing good was he last night, even more impressive is the way he adjusted his game to suit the team.

He knew that the run and carry was what was smashing the cats so he spent so much time being the link up man, sucking in opponents and then handpassing over the top.

His defensive efforts were first class, the sprint down the middle when Geelong were out was amazing!

His tackling and ferocity was right up all night.

Champion, love him!
Like!! Are you thinking to jump ship?? just askin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back