Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict he will play in our "four-peat" (2015-18), then our back-to-back (2020-21), then he will stay around and help nurture our next batch of youngsters as we rebuild (2022), before finally hanging up the boots after our "six-peat" (2023-28).

So my guess is another 373 games.

He will then go on to coach our "twelve-peat" (2030-41)

I predict he will play in our "four-peat" (2015-18), then our back-to-back (2020-21), then he will stay around and help nurture our next batch of youngsters as we rebuild (2022), before finally hanging up the boots after our "six-peat" (2023-28).

So my guess is another 373 games.

He will then go on to coach our "twelve-peat" (2030-41)

And then the cycle just repeats with Cooper. ;)

He's playing as well as he ever has, but when it goes, it can go quick. Especially for a small player.

Ill say 70.

3 seasons, a few finals, the odd game missed through rest.

Closest to the pin gets a Manila Hot Pot from me.
Is that like a Cleveland Steamer?

My tip is 44 games.

I reckon Brent is brilliant as player still.

But I also did an analysis of the players who played more games than him and and how they played from game 351 onwards to the end of their careers.

Rob Harvey - 33 games, topped 30 possessions twice, 7 goals
Boomer - 8 games- topped 30 possessions twice, 9 goals
Bradley- 25 games - topped 30 possessions 1 games, 12 goals
Bartlett- 53 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 120 goals
Madden- 28 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 48 goals
Quinlan- 16 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 48 goals
Tuck- 76 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 13 goals
Fletcher- 27 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 11 goals
Johnson - 14 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 9 goals
Blakey - 9 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 3 goals

Some totally different styles of players in there but Boomer is a bit of a hybrid player, a player who can get the ball still and has a healthy goal a game average topped only by Bartlett, Madden and Quinlan.

Boomer is a champ....

I reckon Brent is brilliant as player still.

But I also did an analysis of the players who played more games than him and and how they played from game 351 onwards to the end of their careers.

Rob Harvey - 33 games, topped 30 possessions twice, 7 goals
Boomer - 8 games- topped 30 possessions twice, 9 goals
Bradley- 25 games - topped 30 possessions 1 games, 12 goals
Bartlett- 53 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 120 goals
Madden- 28 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 48 goals
Quinlan- 16 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 48 goals
Tuck- 76 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 13 goals
Fletcher- 27 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 11 goals
Johnson - 14 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 9 goals
Blakey - 9 games - topped 30 possessions 0 games, 3 goals

Some totally different styles of players in there but Boomer is a bit of a hybrid player, a player who can get the ball still and has a healthy goal a game average topped only by Bartlett, Madden and Quinlan.

Boomer is a champ....

Pretty good company there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's an unknown, but the sub rule could extend his career dramatically. He won't lose his skill, and his pace is - so far - going nowhere, so the only issue might become physical durability. The sub role would assist that enormously.

If Boomer makes 400, I think it'll be the biggest thing at North since the '99 flag.
400 AFL matches is an absolutely phenomenal feat and if he did it for North, I'd be enormously proud.

Not sure how many he's on with State of Origin, night matches and International rules, but im sure hell top 400 with or without those fixtures.

Of late I've really appreciated the quality of his inside 50s. He's 35, in great nick, as cunning as ever and a complete terror to opponents.

I :hearts: Boomer

I'd say he has minimum 2 more years. He hasn't even been dropped to sub or sub'd off once, so his body is travelling really well. I kind of can't wait until he does begin starting as sub, because that's an incredible sub (better than gia) and that means that our other 21 players have improved dramatically. Oh the future looks good.

yep also on the 40-50 bandwagon, ill go 49.

His awareness in a crowded situation, to put someone in to space, to backpedal and create something out of nothing... hope the younger guys are watching and learning.

The only thing I will say is - it'll be a travesty if he falls short by 6 games or less of the 400 (or KB's or Tucky's records) because of that farce of a suspension he copped last year....

Well, I wont be game to put a number against Boomer until he settles into a permanent fwd role, from that point I'd reckon he'd have 50 games left in him.

Of course that could be two seasons away.

Another 1-3 more seasons and then he will probably hang em up. Depends on his fitness and willingness to continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back