Past #29: Brent Harvey - drafted w/ #47 in '95 ND - 432 games/518 goals for NM - AFL games record holder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
??

Who do you rate higher. Everybody has been inconsistent this year.

Id continue to play Harper in the forward line......BS is trying to make him a mid due to the fact the Harps has good skills but his tank isnt there yet. Slowly working his base tank up each preseason hopefully priming (running ability) in 2 yrs time.

Boomer needs the supersub vest to be put on until he´s frothing at the mouth and displaying enough desire to play a full game again. Boomer himself needs to cop this one on the chin.

LT, Im tempted to play him for a few weeks down back against the resting rover and see what transpires.

The team needs a fresh face, one that gives energy to the senior team. Im aware we might not have this type of player but remember when Robinson from Carlton started when he started his career, his inclusion in the team he just had the abundance of raw energy that flowed and infected the others in the team we might need this for awhile.Sure he gave away the odd silly free kick but he is slowly being a respected member of Carltons mid rotation and a hard nut to boot.

Why does Boomer keep getting the number 1 tag ... surely Wells or Swallow have the potential to be more damaging this year?

The Geelong game showed Boomer without a tag is lethal to the opposition.
So along with Boomers age, a midfield out of form, a gameplan not suited to our style and our young midfielders still being B Graders its a pity a club champion cannot enjoy his footy at age 34.

Saved the club from total humiliation tonight. If it wasn't for him........

Guys like Ziebs, Basti, Patch and Cunners and even Swallow to a lesser extend should be standing taller

He will be playing his 400th game and we still relying on him?? He should be the icing, not the mixture..

I feel sorry for Boomer. He should be enjoying these twilight years as the younger guys naturally progress as well developed quality young players do, but instead the responsibility seems to be getting greater and greater which is NOT how its suppose to be. Unfortunately a lot have which have actually gone backwards which makes it all the more difficult.

Last night proves why Boomer should keep playing for a couple of years yet. As a 34 year old, he should not be the prime target of the opposition. He is one of only 2 damaging midfielders we have & when he doesn't cop the hard tag, he is terrific. Imagine he retired at the end of this season - Wells would then cop an almighty tag leaving our current midfield to run & carry - yeah, scarey stuff.
Any clown who thinks Boomer should retire this year has been sniffing glue for too long.

He played great tonight but its time for him to retire, he knows it , we all do. He has played too many sub par "vintage" Harvey games so far as we know them it not his fault but time finally has caught him. I think and I hope I´m right but him stepping out from the squad will trigger the next generation into action and take more responsibility on field throughout the games. Ive stated this b4 but when Robert Harvey retired, DalSanto and Montagne seemed to stepup to another level due to the sheer fact that RH wasnt there anymore. We need something to shake them into doing it. In saying that he could extend his career by becoming the super sub........one thing I do know is Harper should never ever be it in the future.Either he plays or he doesnt end of discussion.

The way our players were getting stuck into the kid tagging Boomer, giving him a whack every time he went past... I only hope these blokes pay the same attention to that blonde, cross-eyed, banjo freak from StKilda when we meet them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Last night proves why Boomer should keep playing for a couple of years yet. As a 34 year old, he should not be the prime target of the opposition. He is one of only 2 damaging midfielders we have & when he doesn't cop the hard tag, he is terrific. Imagine he retired at the end of this season - Wells would then cop an almighty tag leaving our current midfield to run & carry - yeah, scarey stuff.
Any clown who thinks Boomer should retire this year has been sniffing glue for too long.

He´s played alot of bad games this season, and he pulls one out of the box basically because Bluey Mc Kenna refused to take Wilkinson away from him ( had his reasons obviously). But his more positive games are less often than his more negative games now. There comes a time when its time .....Supersub after this season is his only saviour. My opinion for what its worth.

He´s played alot of bad games this season, and he pulls one out of the box basically because Bluey Mc Kenna refused to take Wilkinson away from him ( had his reasons obviously). But his more positive games are less often than his more negative games now. There comes a time when its time .....Supersub after this season is his only saviour. My opinion for what its worth.

Last year at this game he broke the games record & was best on ground. Obviously likes the Gold Coast stadium. Tough call either way.

Top post Ozzy. Harvey has been poor this year but performed against the easy-beats - basically a man against a kid, and he showed that last night with a top game.

Nah, this season should definitely be his last - been a brilliant servant of the club.

ps: And no DevilFish, I don't sniff glue to have formed this opinion - I normally agree with you, but "its time"....

Ozzy I think Boomer as Forward pocket with license to roam around half fwd would still be a decent footballer.Sure he isn't the greatest defensive player, but gee we need some 'polish' can't just have all 'boot'. And opposition sides can ignore him at their own peril.

And yes draft as many fast youngsters as we can, I won't complain

Anyone been listening to Boomer on the radio?
Been really good, and a good insight into his thinking about the club and the afl environment.

I don't see why he should retire just because everyone else is too pathetic to either step up or support him.

It's a woeful reflection on our team that we sit here stroking our beards, trying to think of another way of winning when a 34 year old cops a tag.

He was correct, what, two years ago, when he said it was time for some of the others to step up for once.

Bad enough Boomer has to still contend with being the most tagged in our side after a decade - on top of this, flogs from all angles are saying his time is up as well.

If his team-mates weren't pea hearts and incapable of showing any fight or spirit, perhaps Boomer (who actually tries to make something happen) wouldn't stand out so much.

If he has to retire, 25 others have to be delisted. Fair is fair.

I don't see why he should retire just because everyone else is too pathetic to either step up or support him.

It's a woeful reflection on our team that we sit here stroking our beards, trying to think of another way of winning when a 34 year old cops a tag.

He was correct, what, two years ago, when he said it was time for some of the others to step up for once.

Bad enough Boomer has to still contend with being the most tagged in our side after a decade - on top of this, flogs from all angles are saying his time is up as well.

If his team-mates weren't pea hearts and incapable of showing any fight or spirit, perhaps Boomer (who actually tries to make something happen) wouldn't stand out so much.

If he has to retire, 25 others have to be delisted. Fair is fair.
Never a truer word said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back