Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

So basically it's sounds like both parties agree it will be 2 picks.
Richmond fans hoping out of those picks it's 10 & 11
Freo fans hoping it's 10 & 18.
Either Club is not letting us know which way it will go except it won't be all 3 picks.

Yes Mr Magic, we already know you think it won't be either so keep on scrolling past.
Freo fans here just look at pick numbers but the list manager will look at it more pragmatically

Richmond will ask for all 3 of their picks and freo will want to hand just 2

The negotiations will go on and their pick #27 will be talked about as will salary contribution

Bolton is our contracted player and we can hold him to the deal - Simple

Freo are in their window and JL last year of his contract - They are desperate to win

They are a loser club that value's player age's over premierships but have a restless supporter base that is demanding success

They have a whif of Bolton and will be devastation amongst their players , Supporters and coaches if it doesnt happen

Blair is a smart operator and knows what the price is and so does their list manager
They demand overs - Way overs for their contracted players and know they have to PAY and they Will

Freo will provide the lube and the window shades so they are not publicly bent over and want it to be in private

#10 + #11 is the min we accept or Mr Bolton & his Family live in melbourne and he plays for the Mighty Richmond Football club and he can take selfie's with his medals and premiership cups and sent them to Serong , Brayshaw , Young
and the coaches

Even better put it on his socials so all the Freo players and supporters that are following can see what Medals and Premiership cups look like

Maybe they can make cut outs to decorate their empty trophy cabinet with

Freo Lurkers are welcome to copy paste on their board

Freos picks might become 15 and 16 I say no to this and I cannot see how they can get it done
In this particular draft, those picks are fine but not ideal. May even be able to use one of them to package with other picks to move up the draft board. Shai is keen to head back West, and is likely already over there! Take as much as we can get in a strong draft imo

Yet saints get pick 8 for a FA who isn't half as good as Bolton who has 3 years left on his contract. Corrupt.
And no one sees the problem here

Freos picks might become 15 and 16 I say no to this and I cannot see how they can get it done
Freo picks are currently 10 & 11 they wont/can't become. 15/16.
Dont count Ashcroft for moving doen the order ( our pick of players will still be there)

1(Rich), 2(Nth),3(WC), 4(Adel), 5(Mel), 6(GC), 7&8 (STK), 9 (Ess), 10/11 (Freo)

No chance, it will remain 10/11 unless they swap with Melb /Adel/ WC & we get a pick of 3 or 4 or 5 for Bolton.

With bids to come on Ashcroft, Lombard if we give up Bolton for 10,18 (likely 12 & 20 or 21 draft night) we will be getting fleeced. Dockers top 2 picks need to be involved.

But the picks getting pushed back don’t actually mean anything if it’s because of bids because those players aren’t available anyway

But the picks getting pushed back don’t actually mean anything if it’s because of bids because those players aren’t available anyway
No it doesn’t as the Aints get a pick they didn’t earn same with GWS and they actually get an extra pick in the first round and GWS get two extra picks

No it doesn’t as the Aints get a pick they didn’t earn same with GWS and they actually get an extra pick in the first round and GWS get two extra picks
That's with CFL compo picks. I think he's talking about father/son and academy picks. Like everyone knows Ashcroft is going to Brisbane so he was never on the table for Richmond.

I’m talking about bids, not FA compensation

I’m talking about bids, not FA compensation
So for arguments sake tigers pick the Brisbane kid and Brisbane don’t have the points, what happens then? , the draft is compromised and don’t delude yourself about it , the winners out of all the horse trading are Aints and GWS and any other club that gets compo for a player leaving, compromised like everything else in what the AFL call a competition

So for arguments sake tigers pick the Brisbane kid and Brisbane don’t have the points, what happens then? , the draft is compromised and don’t delude yourself about it , the winners out of all the horse trading are Aints and GWS and any other club that gets compo for a player leaving, compromised like everything else in what the AFL call a competition

I made a post earlier about how you can argue that it's a method of equalisation, that while not perfect, can still have a positive result. We can't get a totally uncompromised draft because all things are not equal and a level of equalisation I think most would agree is required.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If freo wants to play 'hardball', we should just keep Bolton. Stuff the games. Pay up or p&%$ off!
They would be silly to play hardball.

Players like Bolton wanting to join your club doesn't happen every year.

Pay a fair price for him, or he will stay - as others have said he'd like to go to WA, but is not absolutely desperate to move.

He signed a long contract with us after all......

They would be silly to play hardball.

Players like Bolton wanting to join your club doesn't happen every year.

Pay a fair price for him, or he will stay - as others have said he'd like to go to WA, but is not absolutely desperate to move.

He signed a long contract with us after all......

This is Freos "in the window period" to win a Premiership. It makes sense for them to pay whatever it takes to get Bolton - Freo need to part with good draft picks and hand them to Richmond. Sometimes a club in order to at least give themselves a good chance of winning a Premiership needs to throw the kitchen sink at a player - that moment is now and that player is Bolton. Over to Freo. Ball is in their court.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton - Trade Requested For Right Deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back