List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Do you support the club trading for picks 2 and/or 3?

• Yes Trade for 2 & 3

• Yes But Only For 2 or 3

• No

• Unsure

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

1728278216122.png

Trade & Free Agency Dates

Free Agency Period - Friday October 4th 9am to Friday October 11th 5pm

Trade Period - Monday 7th October 9am to Wednesday October 16th 7.30pm

Richmond have been linked to the following players:
Ben Hobbs
Elijah Tsatas
Jai Culley
Connor Stone
Jacob Konstanty

Last edited:
If Freo try and force our hand and moving out pick 11 deliberately, knowing full well we want 10 & 11, then i don't care what day of the trade week it is, I'm walking away.
They won't, relax.

The media narrative by the CFL - that has been mentioned by some is laughable.
They are a bunch of spin doctors.

Geelong's interest in Oliver was apparently fleeting

Even though they had multiple meetings and he met with players at a farm lol

Freo playing tough, will walk away if the Bolton's trade demands are too high

lol that was throw away line that Cal Poindexter directly asked the Freo guy "Is there a point where the asking price is too high". Lol no shit!

Keep spinning the bullshit AFL corrupt carnts. House of cards that place. Hope it burns.

Thats what pisses me off about the media, it's never "Richmond playing tough, will walk away where the asking Bolton trade demands are too low".

Thats what pisses me off about the media, it's never "Richmond playing tough, will walk away where the asking Bolton trade demands are too low".
The agenda is as clear as day. Look at the commission. Goyer should be in jail, instead he's on the board of Qantas and the AFL commission. Watch the shit that comes out about that carnt.

They're all inbreds at AFL house. No other industry would take the cretins. Look at Laura - FM what a dumb hippo she is. Seriously stupid. Dill is academic but lacks common sense. Far too socially awkward to hold a CEO job. He's an embarrassment with no spine.

19 players currently on our list (excluding those leaving) played 10 or more games in 2024 (includes McIntosh and Dow).

8 players played 5-10 games (includes Cumberland)

7 players played 1-5 games (includes Coulthard)

So we’ll have at least 30 players on our list that played a game for us in 2024.

While I think we will struggle in 2025, I think our players will develop quicker than anticipated. We have a nice group of 15-20 players in that 21-25 age bracket that are the most likely to see dramatic improvement.

yeah but you are all the same bunch of prancers that thought Tarrant, Hopper & Taranto was going to win us another flag - lol.

I'll take your feedback on merit. How many guys played a game on 2024 is irrelevant when they are shit & your team finished dead last with the worst record in its history bro. You need to improve to actually get better & not many of them did that. Ralph-Smith & Mansell were the only 2 i can say that about & neither of them are capable of playing anything but a support role.

The agenda is as clear as day. Look at the commission. Goyer should be in jail, instead he's on the board of Qantas and the AFL commission. Watch the shit that comes out about that carnt.

They're all inbreds at AFL house. No other industry would take the cretins. Look at Laura - FM what a dumb hippo she is. Seriously stupid. Dill is academic but lacks common sense. Far too socially awkward to hold a CEO job. He's an embarrassment with no spine.
Where's John Setka when you need him?

not enough
I reckon Shai Bolton + pick 32 for Freo's 10,11 & 18 is fair, I would walk away if they don't do that honestly, we need to stop being soft at the trade table, I could less what the media personalities like Barrett say!

It's simple. Freo doesnt trade for Bolton, finishes 12th in 2025. Bolton (in contract still) plays his legs off in 2025 to teach our youngsters and get home at the end of the year Finishes 4th in the brownlow, still in contract.

Freo five us pick 7 and a future first for 2026.
just don't see this happening. This year showed him as too much of a downhill skier to play at a struggling club. It's time to say goodbye.

If we want Marshall all we need to do is bid on Ashcroft at pick 1. They will end up needing over 3000 points if we bid on Marshall before 20 as well. The only way I see them getting that many points is trading out 20, F1 and still being allowed to go into deficit for 2025 up to 1167. I’m not sure on the rules but knowing the AFL they will still allow a huge deficit even if you don’t have a future first.

Don’t lose sleep … Lions will get the points needed no matter what we do.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Age have reported Richmond has requested 6 + 13.

"Richmond has also already said they want an extraordinary deal for them to be agree to Daniel Rioli’s request to be traded to the Gold Coast and has asked for the Suns’ picks six and 13."

Should force Gold Coast to give 6 and their second rounder(s)

I predict 6 & 23 for Rioli and a F3 (GC need points next year). IMO I’d take that deal and run given the strength of this draft.

Law of averages say they’re just as likely flop and fail.
I don't think that applies when you can observe kids for years in the lead up and make an informed decision based on data. Always gonna be outliers but you give yourself a much higher chance of finding a quality player in the first round.

We don't need the Bolton trade to actually happen.

We get picks 6 & 26 for Rioli (i know some here want more but I've always been hopeful for 6 & 26)
Baker for 14
Trade our late picks for Brisbane's 1st rounder.

We will still have picks 1,6,14,20,24,26,32 and whatever we get for Graham.

Thats still a bloody strong hand, 4 1st rounders and the 1st pick of the 2nd round. Plus, we keep Bolton.
West coast were open to sliding back. Would we get 2, and give them baker and say a teens pick work? So effectively we turn baker and a late 1st rounder into one of those top 6 picks.

6 and 23 (even with later picks going across to them) is a great result for Rioli. Need to walk the line between being pushovers and being dumb, stubborn campaigners. Reality is that we need 28yo Rioli out the door so we can maximise our chances of renewal, especially given that he himself wants to **** off. It will be a loss for us if no deal is made.

Spot on. If Rioli stays we will miss the boat on getting pick-6. Another year older and maybe injuries or not a B&F year, and he’s probably worth a mid-teens pick at best end of 2025 and we’ve farked ourselves.

Look at Barrass… Sydney had 2 x firsts on the table last year … it fell over and now Eagles will get a lot less than they would have a year prior…. and they’ve lost a year of development into a couple of youngsters.

I don’t think people seem to acknowledge pick-6 in a super strong draft is already big overs for Rioli. If we can squeeze something more out Blair is a genius.

Rioli has to be traded this year. End of 2023 he’s worth an early teens pick. End of 2025 he’s probably worth a mid-teens pick. Right now we’ve got pick-6 on the table. He’s zero chance of being at Richmond in 2025 given pick-6 is on the table. Zero.

Start negotiations at 6 and 13, but let it slip a bit from there if necessary. Demanding 6 and 13 for Rioli, even given that he's contracted, is Dodoro-like IMO.

Bailey Dale is an AA. Similar age to Rioli. Can you imagine our thoughts if a club offered 6 and 13 for Bailey Dale … . It’s good to drive a hard bargain and be optimistic, but it’s no good being stooopid with our demands.

Quite a few clubs keen to get into this draft and are offering up future firsts apparently. I'm sure we will listen to all offers but I would hope we can go into next year with ours plus maybe two other future firsts. Would keep us in a prominent position as deal makers and we can keep trading for futures or address whatever needs we weren't able to fill this year.

I'm guessing we haven't announced any delistings and aren't linked to anyone as we are expecting to just draft who we rate highest and who is available and we don't really know exactly what we need just yet. We might be eying off a highly rated small forward in the draft and if he's not available have Coulthard in mind for one more year and then trade in someone a bit later. Same sort of logic applies with Dow where we are losing a few guys in the mid rotation and we don't want to bring in a list clogger who will want probably 3 years.

It's why I'm fairly relaxed that we haven't been linked to anyone much this year, reckon the club will back themselves in to get enough right on draft night. Definitely expecting a couple of list spots available for back ups like a Naismith or a SSP signing like Lefau.

Spot on. If Rioli stays we will miss the boat on getting pick-6. Another year older and maybe injuries or not a B&F year, and he’s probably worth a mid-teens pick at best end of 2025 and we’ve farked ourselves.

Look at Barrass… Sydney had 2 x firsts on the table last year … it fell over and now Eagles will get a lot less than they would have a year prior…. and they’ve lost a year of development into a couple of youngsters.

I don’t think people seem to acknowledge pick-6 in a super strong draft is already big overs for Rioli. If we can squeeze something more out Blair is a genius.

Rioli has to be traded this year. End of 2023 he’s worth an early teens pick. End of 2025 he’s probably worth a mid-teens pick. Right now we’ve got pick-6 on the table. He’s zero chance of being at Richmond in 2025 given pick-6 is on the table. Zero.

100%, the stars have alligned on this one. The Dimma connection, the fact that Suns always overpay, the fact that Gold Coast should easily get all their targets this year (Noble, Lombard, Rioli, Lukosias out too) and still take some currency into next year.

Prestia would have been a few years younger and we gave up 6 or 7 for him to the Suns, just feels right. I don't think any other club in the league would be giving us 6 and something extra for Rioli. He would get a game anywhere obviously, but given his age he should be going to a contender who wouldn't have this much draft capital anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency Part 10

Back