Player Watch #29: Shai Bolton

Remove this Banner Ad

Would rather him go than Daniel.
Rioli does so many good things every game!!!
Shai looks lazy, and should be so much better but chose's not to be.

It's an effort thing with Shai. Unless he knows he can get a goal or win the ball, he doesn't seem interested...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah the old let's trade Shai Bolton after a poor performance, okay i'll play a long the only way I would trade him is if it involves directly getting Harley Reid.

Other than that it's a no he signed a long-term contract with us.

Ah the old let's trade Shai Bolton after a poor performance, okay i'll play a long the only way I would trade him is if it involves directly getting Harley Reid.

A lazy primidone when team was flying looked good but his real abilities are showing. Hope the WA fool's take him off our hands.

No use being at The Tigers if he doesn't want to be there.
He has had plenty of non effort acts the last couple of years not just yesterday

No use being at The Tigers if he doesn't want to be there.
He has had plenty of non effort acts the last couple of years not just yesterday
As we head towards the spoon, his inaccuracy, lack of effort are annoying. Still 4 centre clearances.

If we want to get into the draft & if Freo want him, something like a Higgins 1st rounder and exchange of later picks seems market price.

No Baker Graham, Martin (probably) Short, Rioli, Bolton out of the team on the weekend.

Bolton is a flash in the pan player. Comes out with some brilliant stuff but he's expected to be a ball winner for us which he isn't. Superstar during premiership years but now that our midfield is gone, he is being exposed.
He will only go downhill even further if he stays with us until we have a decent side.
He clearly wants out and no point having him around now. Trade him

Tough to see where he goes from here.

I like him for the fact he's great around center bounce/stoppages.
Great mark overhead and good for the odd freakish goal.

I don't like him for his field kicking. Not sure how many kicks have been smothered in the last few weeks..
Really looks like an effort/intensity issue. Without knowing whats going on in his head, he looks checked out.

I'm starting to believe he's not going to be the cherry on top in the midfield, but he's also wasted sitting inside 50.

Exactly the sort of player we should be trading. His trade value is much greater than value as a player for Richmond during a rebuild. A genuine X-factor player who will help a club in contention win a flag.

Collingwood paid a 1st and 2nd round pick for Lachie Schulz, who was a pre-agent (1 year from free agency).

I wonder if West Coast are going to offer up pick #3 for Shai and Liam? I doubt we would do that deal, but if it were #3 + #23 it might just get done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back