Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
In all Daicos’ games, how many times has he been tagged?

How many times did the tag work?

Did the tag last the whole game?

Just curious…
Neale Bullen did a good job tagging him out for a half then Daicos was injured so no need to run the game out with him.

I haven’t seen a tag work all game this season at least, and can’t recall one last year either. The ease with which Daicos can change position on the field helps, plus he gets a lot of support from the rest of the midfielders given they have a lot of size and experience in the contest even when somewhat undermanned.

eyyyy my boy got to a part 2

Celebrate Season 1 GIF by The Roku Channel

By craft I meant ability to follow him to different positions and carry the tag.
We don't know the instructions he had from the coaches for the third quarter. For all we know the coaches didn't want him on the backline.

Neale Bullen did a good job tagging him out for a half then Daicos was injured so no need to run the game out with him.

I haven’t seen a tag work all game this season at least, and can’t recall one last year either. The ease with which Daicos can change position on the field helps, plus he gets a lot of support from the rest of the midfielders given they have a lot of size and experience in the contest even when somewhat undermanned.
Plus the protection he receives from the four blind mice is like nothing I’ve ever seen.

I'm sure they didn't want him there and that's my point.
Why would you? There are other players there who you'd hope would do the same job while Will can play okay in the middle and did in the third quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

12 disposals, 8 tackles, 4 clearances. 83% DE. Some really integral handballs in last quarter that resulted in shots on goal.

Oliver - 14 disposals, 50% DE, 2 clearances and 5 frees against. His worst game disposal wise since his first season.

Phillips absolutely smashed him. If you can’t see there is a player there you are blind.

Keep him tagging, and build his tank so he can find the footy the other way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back