Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

I haven’t watched the replay of last weeks game, but I’m guessing it would be more likely that he made some blues when the eagles smashed us in centre clearance in the last quarter to win the game.
Yep. Similar type blues to that other bloke who:

* Inexplicably kicked the ball at right angles out on the full in the third quarter sapping our momentum

* Gave a primary school free kick to a dangerous Liam Ryan in the third quarter

* Crucially allowed an ageing forward to lead him to the ball multiple times in, you probably guessed it, the third quarter.

* Dropped a chest mark that a school crossing supervisor would have taken in the dying moments of the game.

Will's only crime is not being Captain.

On a more serious note, post the 2020 season where we took Will, we finished 17th, Sydney 16th - compare the pair now with Sydney clear top while we are still languishing in 17th. Just sums up our drafting and club management as a whole.
So are you saying post 20-20 our drafting has been no good.

On a more serious note, post the 2020 season where we took Will, we finished 17th, Sydney 16th - compare the pair now with Sydney clear top while we are still languishing in 17th. Just sums up our drafting and club management as a whole.
So are you saying post 20-20 our drafting has been no good.
So if we'd taken Logan McDonald instead of Will Phillips, we'd be top of the ladder?

and also reflects the permanent freebies handed out to Sydney via its 'academy'

Yep. Similar type blues to that other bloke who:

* Inexplicably kicked the ball at right angles out on the full in the third quarter sapping our momentum

* Gave a primary school free kick to a dangerous Liam Ryan in the third quarter

* Crucially allowed an ageing forward to lead him to the ball multiple times in, you probably guessed it, the third quarter.

* Dropped a chest mark that a school crossing supervisor would have taken in the dying moments of the game.

Will's only crime is not being Captain.

Fair enough. I honestly don’t know, just guessing. Maybe he didn’t stick to structures? I stated in another thread that the review of the game wouldn’t be kind on the midfield. Clarko was on sen this week and after saying sometimes the players need a cuddle and sometimes they need a clip (can’t remember the exact words he used), after he said that he was asked which approach he used after the loss on the weekend he said that tough love was required.

I’m sure LMac was criticised for his mistakes too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swaeney, duck yeah and chaddicko, where you at? Mocked me for two years, step right up...
wtf are you on about? You stated a month ago that he was never going to play for north again, and the following week he was added back into the side…. He got dropped for the Sydney game and we lost by 80 points and their midfield ran rampant, we’ll see how Treloar and co go up against LDU George and Powell, I’m thinking probably much as the Sydney game.

I’m starting to think you have underlying mental health issues if a player for your sports team ruffles your feathers so much, please go and get checked

Fair enough. I honestly don’t know, just guessing. Maybe he didn’t stick to structures? I stated in another thread that the review of the game wouldn’t be kind on the midfield. Clarko was on sen this week and after saying sometimes the players need a cuddle and sometimes they need a clip (can’t remember the exact words he used), after he said that he was asked which approach he used after the loss on the weekend he said that tough love was required.

I’m sure LMac was criticised for his mistakes too.

The following players copped a bake after the game. May have been more than the below.

1.Corr
2.Comben
3.McDonald

Had their fair share of misses which is camouflaged by their academy grants and incompetence of others.

2019 picks 5, 26,36, 39

5- gone
26- gone
36- gone
39 - Warner ( eyes rolled)
Swans also smart with the mature agers they bring in as well.
Both Grundy (cheap - thanks Pies and Dees Payroll) and Jordon leaving the Demons Cesspool have been solid contributors this year, along with Adam’s who has played his role. I think Hamling was the other who came in from Freo bit has not yet been required in for the forward line.

If you compare that with us bringing in Fisher and Stephens, and the Hail Marys of Pink and Biggy. That is like chalk and cheese.

Perhaps we do a trade for Kinnear Beetson. We give them Brady and Shields + Future R2 😎

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II] - Extends to End of 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back