Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II]

Remove this Banner Ad

I saw Cornhole on the Footy show this morning insinuating that although he clearly quietened down Treloar, he should have gone to the Bont who was doing more damage, and bit later trotted out the old chestnut, we should have drafted Logan McDonald instead.

Logan " l can't kick a point to save my life " MacDonald ?

I saw Cornhole on the Footy show this morning insinuating that although he clearly quietened down Treloar, he should have gone to the Bont who was doing more damage, and bit later trotted out the old chestnut, we should have drafted Logan McDonald instead.
Has he actually watched McDonald play? Maybe he's confusing him with someone else?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Logan " l can't kick a point to save my life " MacDonald ?
If that was a 1st or 2nd player, I would cut him some slack as the nerves clearly got the better of him. For a 4th year player it was a choke. Hopefully he learns fell that. The body language taking the shot was bad, and the end result reflected that.

I’m still happy we have Will, and maybe this new role is the making of him at our club. Would love to see him try and add a yard of pace over the Summer, in addition to building his tank up. Assumption here is that he resigns with the club.

Has he actually watched McDonald play? Maybe he's confusing him with someone else?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk
Logan McDonald and Luke McDonald should both be working for their uncle - Ronald McDonald..

KANGAS TAGGER DETERMINED TO STAY

NORTH Melbourne youngster Will Phillips has declared he sees his future at North Melbourne, having successfully broken back into the club's plans over an impressive last month.

Phillips has reinvented himself as a tagger recently and has completed successful jobs on Nick Daicos (14 disposals in three quarters), Clayton Oliver (14 disposals) and Adam Treloar (22 disposals) in the past three weeks.

It's led to a series of improved Kangaroos performances throughout that stretch, with Phillips complementing a midfield group spearheaded by Luke Davies-Uniacke, George Wardlaw, Tom Powell and Harry Sheezel.

hlubLYRX.jpg

Will Phillips tackles Tom Liberatore during the R16 match between North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium on June 29, 2024. Picture: Getty Images/AFL Photos
Coming towards the end of his contract at Arden Street, Phillips' future had remained clouded throughout an extended VFL stint earlier in the campaign. However, the former No.3 pick is determined to now lock down a new deal at North Melbourne.

"I'll leave that up to my manager to discuss," Phillips told AFL.com.au last week.

"I love playing at North Melbourne, I love my teammates, I love this club. The spirit we've shown (over the past few matches) just proves to me, and I think to the fans as well, where we're heading. I want to be part of that.

"But, in terms of my contract, I'll leave that to my manager." – Riley Beveridge

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KANGAS TAGGER DETERMINED TO STAY

NORTH Melbourne youngster Will Phillips has declared he sees his future at North Melbourne, having successfully broken back into the club's plans over an impressive last month.

Phillips has reinvented himself as a tagger recently and has completed successful jobs on Nick Daicos (14 disposals in three quarters), Clayton Oliver (14 disposals) and Adam Treloar (22 disposals) in the past three weeks.

It's led to a series of improved Kangaroos performances throughout that stretch, with Phillips complementing a midfield group spearheaded by Luke Davies-Uniacke, George Wardlaw, Tom Powell and Harry Sheezel.

hlubLYRX.jpg

Will Phillips tackles Tom Liberatore during the R16 match between North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium on June 29, 2024. Picture: Getty Images/AFL Photos
Coming towards the end of his contract at Arden Street, Phillips' future had remained clouded throughout an extended VFL stint earlier in the campaign. However, the former No.3 pick is determined to now lock down a new deal at North Melbourne.

"I'll leave that up to my manager to discuss," Phillips told AFL.com.au last week.

"I love playing at North Melbourne, I love my teammates, I love this club. The spirit we've shown (over the past few matches) just proves to me, and I think to the fans as well, where we're heading. I want to be part of that.

"But, in terms of my contract, I'll leave that to my manager." – Riley Beveridge

he's a keeper! So much more upside in him. I didn't realize he had a double bout glandular fever which id read in a different article recently and how thats effected him not only psychically but mentally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back