Player Watch #29: Will Phillips [Part II]

Remove this Banner Ad

KANGAS TAGGER DETERMINED TO STAY

NORTH Melbourne youngster Will Phillips has declared he sees his future at North Melbourne, having successfully broken back into the club's plans over an impressive last month.

Phillips has reinvented himself as a tagger recently and has completed successful jobs on Nick Daicos (14 disposals in three quarters), Clayton Oliver (14 disposals) and Adam Treloar (22 disposals) in the past three weeks.

It's led to a series of improved Kangaroos performances throughout that stretch, with Phillips complementing a midfield group spearheaded by Luke Davies-Uniacke, George Wardlaw, Tom Powell and Harry Sheezel.

hlubLYRX.jpg

Will Phillips tackles Tom Liberatore during the R16 match between North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs at Marvel Stadium on June 29, 2024. Picture: Getty Images/AFL Photos
Coming towards the end of his contract at Arden Street, Phillips' future had remained clouded throughout an extended VFL stint earlier in the campaign. However, the former No.3 pick is determined to now lock down a new deal at North Melbourne.

"I'll leave that up to my manager to discuss," Phillips told AFL.com.au last week.

"I love playing at North Melbourne, I love my teammates, I love this club. The spirit we've shown (over the past few matches) just proves to me, and I think to the fans as well, where we're heading. I want to be part of that.

"But, in terms of my contract, I'll leave that to my manager." – Riley Beveridge

200w (4).gif

Thread is noticeably less junky the last few weeks. Love to see it.
Been flat out at your mum's house, while you're playing dungeons and dragons and fixating on star trek chats. Did half a job on daicos, nullified a bloke having his worst season since his debut and conceded 22 and 2 whilst compiling a massive 13 disposals against treloar, not their best mid. Wardlaw to come back, Colby will move in eventually, Duursma, Powell, sheezel and a top 3 pick this year, likely to be a mid, on top of LDU and Simpkin! You're kidding me if you think this bloke has a future at this club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been flat out at your mum's house, while you're playing dungeons and dragons and fixating on star trek chats. Did half a job on daicos, nullified a bloke having his worst season since his debut and conceded 22 and 2 whilst compiling a massive 13 disposals against treloar, not their best mid. Wardlaw to come back, Colby will move in eventually, Duursma, Powell, sheezel and a top 3 pick this year, likely to be a mid, on top of LDU and Simpkin! You're kidding me if you think this bloke has a future at this club.
if dungeons and dragons is your go to nerd insult then you need to update your playbook

Remove this Banner Ad

Back