2km time trail report

Remove this Banner Ad

aggotwang

Team Captain
Nov 1, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The boys just finished a 2km time trial, the first solid hit out post Utah.

No surprises who the winner was, Gibbo. Would be slightly disappointed with his time slower than his 2km time trial about a month ago. Still he ran 6:05 which is solid.

The encouraging thing is that our whole list (minus Big E) ran sub 7 minutes.

A rookie (can't recall his name) looked good in 2nd. Taylor Hine ran well for 3rd and Basti in 4th.

Big men impressed me with Petrie, Goldy, Hansen and Co all running very strong.

Dal was in the back half of the field but looked like he was only going in 2nd gear. Does look trim and very fit though.

Found it interesting the only runner a fitness trainer was pacing was Nahas. He flew home to finish 5th and impressed me.

Cunnington was the biggest shock to me. Don't know if he is carrying something but he looked terrible and was long long way back in 2nd or 3rd last. He looked very big to me, carrying far too much IMO.

That's all from me.

Brad must not have been too happy with the overall performance as he made them back up with another 2km 10mins later. Gibson in 6:30 2nd time round.

Not often you hear about who came in the last few spots. Good insight. Can you recall who else struggled?

The encouraging thing is that our whole list (minus Big E) ran sub 7 minutes.

F***! Sub 7 minutes for 2km is pretty quick, especially for the big blokes.

Never been a great runner but this was an eye opener. Would want to improve in the next 16 weeks!

And there is this report from the Herald-Sun yesterday
"A ring of opposition scouts watched Roos' onballers Jack Ziebell and Ben Cunnington sparkle in some stoppage work during a three-hour session at Aegis Park."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There has been a report re weight sessions couple of days ago, which said Cunnington has gained some more muscle. Could that be the issue?

He has looked pretty freaking massive in pictures I've seen. I think the truth is he's just never going to be an elite runner.

McGennis 2nd, Wood 3rd (can see how you would of thought it was Hine though)

Impressive by Wood, has been struggling with injury.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-12-13/woods-speedy-return

TOP 10

1. Sam Gibson
2. Tim McGenniss
3. Mason Wood
4. Ryan Bastinac
5. Luke McDonald
6. Robin Nahas
7. Kayne Turner
8. Mitch Wilkins
9. Shaun Atley
10. Taylor Hine