2nd Ashes Test: Australia vs England @ Lords (Thurs-Mon) [Day 4 ]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 2nd Ashes Test: Australia vs England @ Lords (Thurs-Mon) [Start Day 4 - ?]

i'm as crabby as anyone else at the pathetic umpiring... but if people here had every played cricket as opposed to sitting in their bedrooms playing keyboard warriors, you would know that in situations like that you are never 100% sure whether you took the catch.

note hauritz's press conference yesterday - he was talking about not hearing the ball hit the ground. because he hadn't been able to see for sure whether he'd caught it.

strauss did not cheat in claiming that catch - he was mearly inviting the umpires to do their job. which they did not do properly.

On the subject of mind games; how Ponting backs up for the rest of the series will be interesting if Australia drops this match.

Losing the Ashes twice would near on overshadow most of his career.

And I've already said he probably thinks he did.

Partly to do with the fact that he 'hoped' it carried, therefore he trained his brain to really think that it did carry.

It's not cheating, it's human nature. Anyone in that situation would've done exactly the same thing.

It's not Strauss' fault if the umpires got it wrong.

No, in that situation, the majority of players (Ponting has done it dozens of times, even though he's apparently a bad sport) will tell the Umpire they aren't sure, and request a replay.

I'm not going to call the Umpires cheats, they're just flat out incompetent, but Strauss claiming that catch...

No, in that situation, the majority of players (Ponting has done it dozens of times, even though he's apparently a bad sport) will tell the Umpire they aren't sure, and request a replay.

I'm not going to call the Umpires cheats, they're just flat out incompetent, but Strauss claiming that catch...

What about when Ponting was carrying on like a kid that had lost his dummy when the ball missed the bat by about 5 metres and he was claiming the catch?

i'm as crabby as anyone else at the pathetic umpiring... but if people here had every played cricket as opposed to sitting in their bedrooms playing keyboard warriors, you would know that in situations like that you are never 100% sure whether you took the catch.

note hauritz's press conference yesterday - he was talking about not hearing the ball hit the ground. because he hadn't been able to see for sure whether he'd caught it.

strauss did not cheat in claiming that catch - he was mearly inviting the umpires to do their job. which they did not do properly

He seemed pretty bloody confident didn't he?

ok, trying to be positive
no reason why pup cant make a century, make that 2 :p. Haddin has made big scores before, and if he gets his eye in who knows, MJ can bat, we are totally screwed, but **** it my glass it half full!

If you aren't 100% sure, say it, so the Umpire can check it.

I'd still disagree though - depending on your finger position, you can tell whether you've caught it or not in some cases; but, again, if you aren't sure, say so.

<cricket@skysports.com>

Send'em emails asking them how they feel about the English Captain claiming a catch which was clearly a bump ball - I have been :)
Did you ask them to show the Ponting dismissal so we could be sure it wasn't a no-ball? How about their views on England's over-appealing? :p

ok, trying to be positive
no reason why pup cant make a century, make that 2 :p. Haddin has made big scores before, and if he gets his eye in who knows, MJ can bat, we are totally screwed, but **** it my glass it half full!

Fair play to you, i'd have loaded the metaphorical revolver long before if it was the other way round

Oh, and you're wrong, Strauss is an International Cricket Captain, and he was 100% sure he took the catch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you aren't 100% sure, say it, so the Umpire can check it.

I'd still disagree though - depending on your finger position, you can tell whether you've caught it or not in some cases; but, again, if you aren't sure, say so.

Exactly. With the ball being that low to the ground, and that close there was no way that Strauss can say, with 100 certainty that he took that catch cleanly. He reacted positively as if to say that he was certain he took it, and seemed to tell Hughes that he had. How can you be that sure, with it that close to the ground.

Well batted Clarke.

Another 250 where that came from please mate!

Not enough balls left before tea.

screw logic, this cricket is makiing me deppressed, he can go at 2 or 3 a ball, and happen to middle it every shot.

There is no ways god would support the poms

England are creating chances, we had one rough decision in the first innings where we still had the opportunity to win the game. They've been all over us since with good bowling and direction, putting the ball in the area. They're playing good cricket regardless of the umpiring, we're just using that as excuse to say that England wouldn't be in the current position. The team creating the most chances get the decisions going their way and they've been creating a chance an over almost.

Get to the end of the day and you don't know what the weather will do tomorrow. It's when you can turn a game around from the worst position is where it counts, when have done that from recent memories in the fourth innings of a test? Not since the last time we toured here.

All I can say is in what people predicted to be a close series and is turning out that way and the referral system should have been in place.

nice pup, now dont throw your wicket away!

Michael Clarke seems to be playing in a different match at the moment.

I've never understood some of the stick that he gets on here.

spacer.gif
if clarke marks 200, australia can win this still. he needs to bat the whole innings now

England are creating chances, we had one rough decision in the first innings where we still had the opportunity to win the game. They've been all over us since with good bowling and direction, putting the ball in the area. They're playing good cricket regardless of the umpiring, we're just using that as excuse to say that England wouldn't be in the current position. The team creating the most chances get the decisions going their way and they've been creating a chance an over almost.

Get to the end of the day and you don't know what the weather will do tomorrow. It's when you can turn a game around from the worst position is where it counts, when have done that from recent memories in the fourth innings of a test? Not since the last time we toured here.

All I can say is in what people predicted to be a close series and is turning out that way and the referral system should have been in place.

Agreed on all points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back