Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS - MCG, Saturday 9th September, 3:20PM AEST *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 85 86.7%
  • Giants

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

South Australian, British, only 25 and not much of a traveller, oops.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You are going to absolutely love the atmosphere, hopefully we win & make the day even more memorable for you.

No public parking at the 'G. Buses replace trains on my line. FFS.

It's a disgrace. Open the friggin' car park. It's not like Marvel where you're flushed with alternatives. Aami Park holds about 500 cars (already sold out).

First world problems, I know.

Uber is your friend

Realistically, prime time to set up a shuttle service to get country peeps to the game, everyone metro can transit in PT wise, country have meetup and drop off points for the game and bus transit.

Club wants bums on seats, guaranteed to get bums on seats for mine, cause as you say, busses replace trains and parking is iffy around the G at the best of times.
There's a few carparks close to the city and in the city.

Best option is park at Gardiner or a station like that and get the trains.

I've got an ExpressVPN account and been using it for years so I'm kinda confident. If I set my location to Melbourne and load up Kayo I reckon I'll be alright. I was using the VPN last night while watching the Blues game and it didn't s**t itself which was good.
Yeah hopefully! I tried ExpressVPN & Nordvpn and some other funky ones and Kayo kept kicking me off for using a VPN (set in Melbourne too), if it does happen you can always find a stream online and the vpns worked for that 👍🏽

There's a few carparks close to the city and in the city.

Best option is park at Gardiner or a station like that and get the trains.

I'm fine thanks, more thinking of those travelling hours that maybe making a day trip somewhere rural before game would have been a grand time rather than driving those extra hours was all. Especially then for the mad exit afterwards.

nah go look outside it's shining bright

Supermoon cycle, happens around August every decade or so, as such the moon appears slightly bigger than normal for example. Current phase of moon is waxing gibbous which is trending to full moon, so you essentially go from a crescent that crests at roughly half the moon illuminated to something stupid like 99.4% lit up as not quite full but close enough. As essentially, in 3 days they expect a full moon.

So TLDR as I like space stuff; Moon is big, blue tinge and trending to dropping it's pants at everyone with plenty of warning.

Best

Whilst we have a pretty reasonable sized supporter base (particularly in the south-eastern suburbs of Melbourne), our supporters just don't turn up to the game en masse.

I am hoping having a home final will get a few more along to the game though!
I feel like the fans are coming back. It's partly success of course, but also this club's supporter base was flat out broken after 2010. Two narrow GF losses on the back of a decade of scandal and the move to Seaford and people genuinely checked out, including long-time Saints fans I knew. They're starting to come back now, and it's not just the winning, it's the winning with the young kids. Even in the first half of the year, a lot of Saints fans stayed away but as Michito, Windy, Naz, Cooper, Pou and Camo started to be prominent, there was this slow-growing sense of genuine hope. It's still really new. I feel like the Geelong game was the first time in a decade that it really felt like a Saints game at Marvel.

I'm hoping we'll see a lot of people jump back on next week, and the MCG is a lower bar - more people will be able to attend, and that's exciting.
Our record is average but then again we have been an average team.

We hold the record this year for most sprints in a game and highest total distance covered (310kms) which was at the MCG, it suits our running style, and if there is an area we have an advantage against most teams it's covering ground at high speed which the MCG with its wide open spaces allows.

We will lose a bit on the noise and crowd factor of Marvel but I think game-style wise MCG suits us more
I always thought Brad Hill made a mistake moving to a team that plays at Marvel. MCG is tailor made for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah hopefully! I tried ExpressVPN & Nordvpn and some other funky ones and Kayo kept kicking me off for using a VPN (set in Melbourne too), if it does happen you can always find a stream online and the vpns worked for that 👍🏽

Yes I think that Kayo have improved their geoblocking so that it can still block even when using a VPN.

I have used Kayo for years when overseas (UK, Europe and Asia), but it is lucky dip now as on my last trip in June/July (USA/Alaska and Canada) it was mainly blocked.

The VPN still worked like a charm to watch games on Foxtel though. So if you know someone with Foxtel, they may let you use their login.

Also if you do not mind watching it the next day, you can just watch the replay on afl.com.au as the afl does not geoblock that, just the live feed.

As an aside when on a one week glacier cruise mainly off Alaska in July the main sports channel on the ship in your cabin, or the bars, mainly only showed ALF and NRL and little else! Of the 2300 passengers only 12 were from Australia! So it was nice but kind of odd in the bars to have all the screens showing AFL Games when most of the passengers on board had no idea what it was. Evidently the ship had only recently sailed back from Australian Waters and no one had bother to alter the channel back to a USA sport channel.

Last edited:
Yes I think that Kayo have improved their geoblocking so that it can still block even when using a VPN.

I have used Kayo for years when overseas (UK, Europe and Asia), but it is lucky dip now as on my last trip in June/July (USA/Alaska and Canada) it was mainly blocked.

The VPN still worked like a charm to watch games on Foxtel though. So if you know someone with Foxtel, hey may let you use their login.

Also if you do not mind watching it the next day, you can just watch the replay on afl.com.au as the afl does not geoblock that, just the live feed.

As an aside when on a one week glacier cruise mainly off Alaska in July the main sports channel on the ship in your cabin, or the bars, mainly only showed ALF and NRL and little else! Of the 2300 passengers only 12 were from Australia! So it was nice but kind of odd in the bars to have all the screens showing AFL Games when most of the passengers on board had no idea what it was. Evidently the ship had only recently sailed back from Australian Waters and no one had bother to alter the channel back to a USA sport channel.
Yep - found the same with Kayo when I was OS early on this year. Kept geo blocking even with a VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back