Preview 2nd Elimination Final, 2023: St.Kilda v GWS - MCG, Saturday 9th September, 3:20PM AEST *WEBSTER 150TH* *BATTLE 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 85 86.7%
  • Giants

Votes: 13 13.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ, the reasoning is ridiculous.

The appeals board accepted that the mro/mrp and tribunal all were not reasonable in their assessment that the contact was high. They also accepted Fishers assertation that he did not recall any high contact (not that there was none mind you). Further to that the appeals board accepted that the mro/mrp and tribunal could not determine the force based on video. So surely that sets the precedent that you can’t adjudge force in the future without a medical report (spoiler it won’t).

Sure but that’s not really the issue. You can argue alls well that ends well and I’m not begrudging Toby but 2 things.
1- any consistency and you have to argue he could have done something else, so it might not be in the spirit but it’s consistent.
2- the process here is mind boggling. 2 seperate bodies said he gets a week and the 3rd (which is really not there to judge the others judgement) decides he’s fine? It doesn’t make any sense.
Absolutely agree. Completely nonsensical and driven to placate the media. The AFL and it's approach to most things is bizarre.

I’ll have to read the reasoning (which will be ridiculous no doubt) but frankly that is staggering.

It was a one game suspensions upheld by 3 different panels. How the * the appeals board determined that was excessive or incorrect is beyond me

Because it's a pretend court, delivered in legalese but decisions made on a call from head office after listening to the media. It has zero credibility. I'd rather that they didn't pretend and just admitted that t's just a raffle. Might as well just spin a wheel. Probably still be a better system. Michael Christian is only there because he's too stupid to realise that he's a pawn.

I actually feel sorry for Bedford having to wait nearly two weeks to get cleared. Terrible for the kid coming into his first final. He obviously shouldn't have been rubbed out in the first place.

Because it's a pretend court, delivered in legalese but decisions made on a call from head office after listening to the media. It has zero credibility. I'd rather that they didn't pretend and just admitted that t's just a raffle. Might as well just spin a wheel. Probably still be a better system. Michael Christian is only there because he's too stupid to realise that he's a pawn.
I actually think it’s more done this way to prop up the money hungry old boys barrister club. Make it a law thing and they all make money.

I actually think it’s more done this way to prop up the money hungry old boys barrister club. Make it a law thing and they all make money.

Looks like a waste of time with outcomes predetermined. Most of the old boys act for them on the cheap or free anyway as club fans.

Jesus Christ, the reasoning is ridiculous.

The appeals board accepted that the mro/mrp and tribunal all were not reasonable in their assessment that the contact was high. They also accepted Fishers assertation that he did not recall any high contact (not that there was none mind you). Further to that the appeals board accepted that the mro/mrp and tribunal could not determine the force based on video. So surely that sets the precedent that you can’t adjudge force in the future without a medical report (spoiler it won’t).

Sure but that’s not really the issue. You can argue alls well that ends well and I’m not begrudging Toby but 2 things.
1- any consistency and you have to argue he could have done something else, so it might not be in the spirit but it’s consistent.
2- the process here is mind boggling. 2 seperate bodies said he gets a week and the 3rd (which is really not there to judge the others judgement) decides he’s fine? It doesn’t make any sense.

You know what that means though right, that they didn't write anything down previously if they're only writing down now.

So every appeal, every tribunal, every assessment is a one and done, spontaneous "I had a thought!" moment and much like umpiring decisions marred with "if in the umpires opinion it's blue, it's blue even if it's actually pink" sort of decisions that just piss people off. Only the public can talk about those, clubs can't cause they get fined.

Is why I actually started sharing Zitas transcripts about them, to show that disconnect and bring people to see how how actually broken the system is. As "I had a thought" brings into it bias, perception differences, fiction, and fact masquerading as a structured series of events that have no actual structure as nothing is written at all, about any of them, after they are done, internally.

They're just a framework.

I seriously doubt that tbh.

I'm annoyed by the whole system. It lacks any semblance of credibility. Probably isn't predetermined but it seems to go the way the AFL want it to nearly every time. If a NSW team need a player in finals the case goes their way. The week they want to make an example they'll pick out some kid from a shit side to drag over the coals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not surprised Bedford's suspension got overturned with the media campaign supporting it.

Even that prat Whateley went into bat for him and he usually only does that for Geelong players, if it was a Saints player he would be calling for it to be increased to a 3 week suspension.

Sam Taylor named, what’s the chances he actually plays?

A bit rough for Stocker but they can't all play.

Personally I would go Clark sub for Byrnes in the side, but I am sure if we get to half time injury free then RtB will bring in Byrnes for Clark as a tactical sub anyway.

Interesting call. Windhager has pretty much full time on a wing for a few weeks now. Presumably he goes back to half back now. Be interesting to see if they leave Hill and Wood on the wings most of the day. Hill has spent most of the year starting at half forward then roaming up around the wings with freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back